DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· AllStar
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having trouble with national channels on 99c. My signals strengths are in the 90s, but the channels stay gray or the have pixelation. The plastic cover on the 99/101/103 LNB on my slimline is in bad shape. I think I have a bad LNB. Is there anything I should do to try to confirm it? All the 103c nationals come in just fine.

Thanks,
MacMantis

· Hall Of Fame
1,299 Posts
macmantis said:
The plastic cover on the 99/101/103 LNB on my slimline is in bad shape. I think I have a bad LNB. Is there anything I should do to try to confirm it?

Thanks,
MacMantis
Pictures? That could help us to help you? Just a thought. :)

· Hall Of Fame
3,433 Posts
You might try making sure this problem is not isolated to just one tuner, which would point to the receiver, the BBC, or something else. You can do this by pulling an antenna line to determine which tuner you're actually watching.

· AllStar
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The plastic I mean is the white protective cover over the LNB.

It should not be the BBC, because 103c nationals all come in fine.

I tried changing channels between two 99c national channels on my HR20 and it is still bad, which I understand causes it to changed tuners.

Later,
DR

· AllStar
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here is a picture of my LNB assembly.

Attachments

· AllStar
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It has been that way for awhile and I have no idea how it got that way. It was fine when it was installed. I do not have any problems except the lagacy HD channels that just moved to D11. So I had to go back and use the channels in the 70s.

MacMantis

· Legend
150 Posts
macmantis said:
It has been that way for awhile and I have no idea how it got that way. It was fine when it was installed. I do not have any problems except the lagacy HD channels that just moved to D11. So I had to go back and use the channels in the 70s.

MacMantis
I am having the EXACT some issue on my HR20-700. I finally caught the pixelation and gray screen "live" instead of recorded and when I did I had signal levels on both tuners on 99c of 0's. I usually have 90+. As far as I know my LNB looks OK (not cracked). It's also happening on my H20. It's intermittent.

Do you think I have a bad LNB?

Oh no external mult-switches. Straight run from the dish to the LNB.

I too have changed all my series recording back to the 80's instead of the 390's.

· AllStar
72 Posts
macmantis said:

MacMantis
Bet it was a woodpecker....I've seen them do stuff like that.

· AllStar
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will know soon if it is the LNB. I ordered a SWM LNB for the slimline on ebay and it arrives tomorrow. I probably will not get installed until this weekend.

MacMantis

· Legend
167 Posts
Yesterday around 6pm I started to lose the signal on the 99C satellite only. The Sunday ticket games were going in and out. When I checked the signal levels all of the satellites 101, 103, 110, 119 were fine low 90's to 100. The 99C which usually is high 80's to mid 90's would have 0's go in an out as the levels reset. One minute the transponder would say 92 then it would be 0 then back up to 92.

My set up 2 HR21-200's and a D10-100. In checking this occurred on both HR-21's at the same time. I have a slimline dish with a SWM 8.

Has anyone else expieriernced this it went on for about 30 minutes or so then everything went back to normal.

· AllStar
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I installed the SWM LNB over the weekend. I did not have any problems at all. Interestingly, my HR20 automatically switch to the SWN dish setup. I powered down my HR20, went on my roof and changed the LNB, changed the cable connectivity and repowered it. It took it awhile to reboot, but when it did it was already configured to use SWM.

MacMantis

· Legend
150 Posts
cnmurray8 said:
Yesterday around 6pm I started to lose the signal on the 99C satellite only. The Sunday ticket games were going in and out. When I checked the signal levels all of the satellites 101, 103, 110, 119 were fine low 90's to 100. The 99C which usually is high 80's to mid 90's would have 0's go in an out as the levels reset. One minute the transponder would say 92 then it would be 0 then back up to 92.

My set up 2 HR21-200's and a D10-100. In checking this occurred on both HR-21's at the same time. I have a slimline dish with a SWM 8.

Has anyone else expieriernced this it went on for about 30 minutes or so then everything went back to normal.
I have had what sounds like a similar issue for the past week. See this post for details.

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=141696

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.