DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Cool Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, I meant "HR24" questions...

I've got DTV with 2 HR24/500 DVRs. They work, but performance is pretty anemic. For example, when I switch channels, it occasionally changes withing a couple seconds, but often, I'll get a momentary flash followed by a blank screen, then after several seconds - at least 5-6, sometimes 10 or more, it'll go to the new channel. Is it trying to figure out what resolution to use? And if so, is there some way to speed that up? If that's NOT what it's doing is there some way to speed it up regardless of what it's doing?

Recently, after the change to the new List screen(s), it's really slow deleting a recorded program.

And, last, ever since getting the HR24s, I've been disappointed that I can't find a way to order all the recorded programs by date... The current list is really slow, and it's very cumbersome to have to sort by name and go through the whole bunch to find the oldest programs to watch...

Is there any way I can adjust or update or do anything to improve the performance? And am I just MISSING the "sort by date" somewhere?

· Geek til I die
9,822 Posts
The quickest way to change channels is to set the DVR to the native resolution of your TV (usually 1080i) and turn NATIVE off. That way, it wont have to negotiate with the TV every channel change.

· Cool Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hm... Lemme see if I'm trying to fix something that's already working as well as it can...

I'm using a 22" tv in my office. It does everything up through 1080P.
I'm looking at CBS (channel 4 here) and the hr24 appears to be sitting in 1080i.

Change to channel 4 (ABC) and the information screen shows up in less than a second. Then, approximately 4 seconds later I get picture.

Went into setup, turned off "Native" and left "Screen format: Original format" on.

Change channel and I still get the information bar immediately, then pretty consistently after right around 4 seconds I get the new channel. I haven't had any (in my testing) that took the 10-15 seconds I WAS seeing, but does it just take the HR24 4 or so seconds to change channels?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.