DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about moving my 622 to the spare room, and getting a 722 for the living room. 2 questions are the USB ports always powered. I have a ps3ir pro that needs an always powered USB port.
2 Can I change the remotes ie the IR to control tv 2 and the UHF to control tv one. this will allow me to hang tv and make it look more clean.
thanks

steve

· Hall Of Fame
2,010 Posts
As long as you don't pull the power cord, the USB port should have power.

On the second question it is not clear which TV or mode you are refering to. Are you running in Single or Dual mode? In Single mode the receiver is controlled by either IR or RF. In Dual mode I believe TV1 can be setup to be controlled by either, but TV2 is always RF.

8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I will need to find another tv2 uhf remote. I will run it in dual mode. with a 30 foot hdmi cable to the other room. and use tv2 for the room the box is in. I want High def in my bedroom with no box in the bedroom.
thanks
steve

· Hall Of Fame
2,010 Posts
Do you need to have different programming on the bedroom TV and the other room TV at the same time? If not you can still run in single mode and use IR and RF remotes. If you watch in either room but not both at the same time, just run in Single mode and tune TV2 to the channel modulated for TV1.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.