DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am taping 4 shows. Can I watch 3 different channels (not the ones being recorded), 3 entirely diffrerent channels on the 3 mini's? I thought you could only watch the "same" program/channel onb the 3 mini's if one (1) tuner was available the other 4 tuners are recording?

Just curious since I am thinking of changing from Comcast...which is OK in terms of value/quality but completely useless in terms of CS.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
17,050 Posts
If you're recording 4 shows you're only leaving 1 tuner available. You would not be able to watch 3 different shows on 3 different mini's if you were recording 4 shows, no. If you want to watch 3 different shows on 3 different Genie Mini's you'd only be able to record 2 things, and then only 1 if you also watched to watch something else on the Genie itself.

·
Hall Of Fame
16,344 Posts
But also keep in mind, you do not have to use Genie clients. A regular HD receiver will also work. You would not be able to pause/rewind live TV or access the Genie history/Todo list etc. But you would be able to play back recordings, set a basic recording and they would have their own tuner.

Monthly fee would be the same.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,446 Posts
The Genie is limited to tuning five channels (even if you have an AM21). That being the case, a Genie cannot tune seven different programs (four recording and three live).

You can most certainly watch previously recorded content to your heart's content.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.