DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Godfather
434 Posts

· Icon
600 Posts
I saw one on the way to work one morning about 2 months ago. That street still isn't up yet. Curious if it will get me "gawking" at it as I drove by. :eek:

· Lifetime Achiever
10,464 Posts
sacalait said:
They actually did Palm Beach County Florida already. It is pretty cool.

The funniest thing though. When they did PBC, they happened to catch the wife of the local newspaper (Palm Beach Post) in her nightgown standing at the end of her driveway talking to someone in a parked car. Well of course, the columnist had a field day with it.

In case you want to read on.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localnews/content/local_news/epaper/2008/06/12/s1b_bino_0613.html
whoops! :lol:

· Tain't ogre til its ogre
14,768 Posts
When I went to Chicago in June I was amazed at the detail in the maps and to the gentleman's point, it is very revealing. ;) I wonder if he really found out about his wife's situation or not. :)

· Lifetime Achiever
28,927 Posts
HighVoltage said:
At this stage I am a bit surprised. I tried it again this morning and cuil could not find itself.....literally.
cuil didn't find me on their list .. so naturally I'm not happy :p

· Legend
146 Posts
I had no idea Google was doing this until my wife created an Evite for a party at our house. When I checked the provided map for accuracy there was our house! It freaked me out a little until someone at work clued me in. :lol:

· Tain't ogre til its ogre
14,768 Posts
Mustang Dave said:
I had no idea Google was doing this until my wife created an Evite for a party at our house. When I checked the provided map for accuracy there was our house! It freaked me out a little until someone at work clued me in. :lol:
Interesting, I'll have to try that for my upcoming party.

· Legend
178 Posts
I checked this out a few weeks ago and use it off and on but there are a few quirks. Kinda hard to actually see some of the views when the sun is pointing directly at the lense. In one case a road was extended which is not shown on the regular map but is plainly visible on the streetview (and to the driver), however, since the road was not yet in google maps, the streetview car routed around the road as if it didnt really exist. I also wonder how many paranoid people will complain about being photographed... :lol:

· Hall Of Fame
1,262 Posts
I freaked out one of my friends. She had invited us to her son's house for a pool party. Couldn't remember his exact house number but gave a really good description of his front yard. I 'streetviewed' his street and found his house. Then I checked out the houses on both sides and across from his. I called her at his house just as we were getting ready to leave and told her that I'd had a dream the night before and wanted to see if I was psychic. I described his house and all the houses around his. She walked out to the street, thinking we were already there and freaked when she didn't see our truck but saw that my descriptions were accurate. I had to explain streetview to her because she said I was scaring her!:lol:

· Hall Of Fame
3,136 Posts
I use it all the time when looking at potential projects (commercial construction).

I just wish they did not leave out such a huge chunk of this area when they did their tour. They have 95% of the Raleigh Durham Chapel Hill area covered, yet there is one little hole in one of the newer areas (which includes my house) that they drove around evidently.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.