DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Icon
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I left my HR24-100 on Sonic 820 last night. When I turned the DVR on it was still on Sonic 820 which is correct. I changed to an HD news channel, and I had Sonic's audio and the news channel's video. First time this has happened.

My guess this relates to the previously reported switching from SD to HD DD5.1. This maybe a new version of the old problem. Anyway, I turned off the DVR and back on to correct the problem. This new HD-UI reminds me of the old TV program "The Twilight Zone" (Do Do, Do Do).

I do not think there is a solution, but I thought the brilliant minds at DBSTALK would like to ponder my latest issue. Best wishes!

· Icon
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do not remember the firmware number back when I got my first HR20, but I know there have been many iterations since. The firmware updates "are like a box of chocolates; you never know what you are going to get". Best wishes.

· Registered
16,423 Posts
allenn said:
I do not remember the firmware number back when I got my first HR20, but I know there have been many updates since the latest 059e. The firmare updates "are like a box of chocolates; you never know what you are going to get". Best wishes.
Going from 0x59E to 0x59F is not "many" updates at all, that's just one.

· Icon
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RunnerFL said:
Going from 0x59E to 0x59F is not "many" updates at all, that's just one.
Give an old brain a break. I corrected my badly written statement. Now you know what happens when you have too much education; spent 45 years in electronic engineering; and have age activated attention deficit disorder. Thanks, until next time!

· Hall Of Fame
16,178 Posts
"allenn" said:
I do not remember the firmware number back when I got my first HR20, but I know there have been many itereations since. The firmware updates "are like a box of chocolates; you never know what you are going to get". Best wishes.
Not really relevant but the first firmware for the 20-700 I know of was 0xBE.

· Icon
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dpeters11 said:
Not really relevant but the first firmware for the 20-700 I know of was 0xBE.
You are correct. It does not explain what caused the fluke which started this thread.

22 Posts
I would like to know what went into the 0x59e upgrade, and what additional change(s) went into 0x59f.

I got 0x59f on February 28, and one thing I can tell you -- It is no faster than the earlier releases!

· Icon
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
levinjb said:
I would like to know what went into the 0x59e upgrade, and what additional change(s) went into 0x59f.....
Good question, what went into these firmware upgrades? I can tell you that 59e has produced a lot of weird audio and video stuff on our Sony TV. The RF remote does what it wants to not what I want it to.

I don't have 59f, but I am look forward to the new adventure. Have a great day!

· Icon
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I guess we have to get the firmware update before we know what's in it. Sounds familiar.

· Premium Member
11,518 Posts
allenn said:
Good question, what went into these firmware upgrades? I can tell you that 59e has produced a lot of weird audio and video stuff on our Sony TV. The RF remote does what it wants to not what I want it to.

I don't have 59f, but I am look forward to the new adventure. Have a great day!
I have two Sony Bravias and havn't noticed any audio/video problems since getting 0x59e but I have been experiencing freeze ups when menu scrolling.

· Godfather
268 Posts
Something very wrong with 0x59e on my HR24-100.

First, I also experience freezes when scrolling the Guide.

Second and very strange, occasionally notice that audio and video are out of synch.

This is with national channels, especially 202, CNN-HD, and local stations accessed via my AM21 and by way of a local station's satellite feed.

The only way to get things back into proper synch is for me to change channels; I then come back to the offending channel - then everything is fine.

All of the above have only occurred since 0x59e.

· Hall Of Fame
10,062 Posts
I asked the DirecTV Tech support in an email request if there were software fixes listed anywhere.
He said no.
I also asked since I had the f version of the software on my HR23 were the HR24 boxes going to get it or were they staying with the e version.
He said the HR24 was NOT getting the f version.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.