DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Legend
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After two weeks of no problems I had one last night that I have not seen reported before. I was fast forwarding through commercials and when I hit play instead of stopping the normal 10 to 20 seconds ahead it was stopping like 2 minutes into the program. It was as if the breaks were not working and it was skidding forward. Normally I can hit play, then the skip back button two or three times and be at the start of the show. If I hit the rewind button more at 2X it did the same thing in reverse.
This is my second replacement unit and I thought I finally got a good one. Now I'm not sure. Anyone else seen this problem or have a fix for it?

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
That is an existing problem, with the current release.
There is no fix, other then using the 30s slip until the next version is released.

·
Legend
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Earl Bonovich said:
That is an existing problem, with the current release.
There is no fix, other then using the 30s slip until the next version is released.
For about the 50th time, thanks Earl.

·
Mentor
49 Posts
The FF REW is completely broken for MPEG4 locals. It is actually faster to just let the commercials play w/o trying to skip them. On mine, when I hit play, it randomly jumps forward from 30 seconds to 2 minutes .... bascially rendering the FF REW useless.

It is so broken I am calling DirectTV to return the unit. The HR20 is NOT YET ready to be used by the public. Give it about 6-8 months before using it. My wife and child have almost left me (OK maybe not) because I replaced a DirecTivo with this pile of junk.

I cannot understand how anyone actually uses this unit. Maybe I am the only one who actually watches locals on it. The higher channel MPEG2 HD works OK.

·
Mentor
39 Posts
Well;

I am a new member and I have the same problem, but it goes in and out, sometimes it jumps 2 minutes ahead and other times only 30 seconds. So my question is what kind of timeline until this will be fixed, and can it be fixed via download or do I need to get another box?

my mpeg 4 still flickers every now and than also.

·
AllStar
68 Posts
Kind of unrelated but not worthy of its own post, I was just curious if anyone knew why sometimes the play/pause/ff/rw symbol in the status bar turns to pink?

Not really a big deal and it doesn't seem to affect anything, I just notice it do that some times but not the majority of the time.

·
Legend
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why don't you guys get off of my thread and start another one. You can call "LETS ALL BASH EARL FOR TRYING TO HELP US". I'm sure there will be 12 pages of comments by the end of the day. As far as I can see the guy spends 24 hours a day on two different formums answering stupid questions from stupid people that mostly helps them. If you don't like his answers try solve your problems yoursef.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
JerryShain said:
Why don't you guys get off of my thread and start another one. You can call "LETS ALL BASH EARL FOR TRYING TO HELP US". I'm sure there will be 12 pages of comments by the end of the day. As far as I can see the guy spends 24 hours a day on two different formums answering stupid questions from stupid people that mostly helps them. If you don't like his answers try solve your problems yoursef.
My apologise...
I festered that argument in the wrong spot.

I have moved that discussion to a new thread:
http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=67740

·
Legend
216 Posts
JerryShain said:
Like I said before, I appreciate Earl's knowledge on the HR20 and his insight into DirecTV. His advice on the use of the unit itself is top notch and we are lucky to have him around for it. I just do not always agree with DirecTV and their process around the HR20, and since Earl is such a strong DirecTV proponent our views come into conflict from time to time.

I apologize as well for highjacking this thread. I would say I am going to take it to the thread Earl created but like I said I am going to bow out of this one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.