DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my first reset with 0xFA last night. I was trying to watch Numb3rs from last Friday night CBS HD (and I had just watched the previous two episodes with no problem). When I started the playback, I had only a black screen with the status bar at the bottom. Here's where I think things went differently. The status bar showed a full red hour from 0:00 to 1:00, but the show never started. I tried all the trick play buttons, and the blue LED's did their thing, but the progress mark never moved off of the 0:00 spot. After leaving it in "play" for just over two minutes, it just quit back to live TV without asking me if I wanted to delete. I reset the unit, and the show was still there in my playlist, but when I selected it, it did the same thing (so I deleted it and watched it on my TiVo backup).

·
I used to be a rocket scientist
11,448 Posts
It's not new to me - I had one or two of those last week during my run of 10 unwatchables in a row after that poison-pill ch. 95 NFL HD game. Most of my unwatchables just went immediately to the keep/delete screen but one or two of them were just black-screens that wouldn't play at all. We deleted most of those manually but left one of them to see if the reset would make it playable - it didn't. The reset wiped out the test recording but the system came up just in time to start recording NUMB3RS, which recorded and plays back just fine again.

·
Icon
777 Posts
Same thing happened to me last night during Enterprise.

I wonder if a weekly reboot would help things? My ReplayTV reboots itself every couple of days to help clear things out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.