DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Legend in my own mind
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our last upgrade to fix our Dishplayers was Client SW version 5721.
All it did was...basically...nothing. Every bug in the book is still being reported.
Again... the latest SW version is 5 '721' !
Maybe someone at E* is telling us to stay away from this product.
What do you think?:rolleyes:
Sometimes stuff like this is real.

·
God Bless America!
2,538 Posts
Maybe:) I know after the DISHPlayer to stay away from Echostar one way or another. Maybe it will get better when the 3rd party receivers (starting with the RCA ones) become available.

·
Hall Of Fame
5,345 Posts
Well...I lost a week's worth of recordings because of this upgrade. I came home to find a nice "Upgrade available" screen on my Dishplayer! I was hot!

Anyway, the only difference I noticed was that the unit no longer stays on after the 3am download.

And in defence of the of the software upgrades, with the exception of the above issues in my post, my system has been working flawlessly since the 5720 upgrade!

See ya
Tony

·
Hall Of Fame
5,046 Posts
Hey Jim, I just noticed this month Charlie is trying peddle Geico car insurance, must be more of a profit over those Oreck vacuum cleaners.........:lol:

·
Charter Gold Club Member
22,056 Posts
"A subliminal message to us disgruntle(d) Dishplayer owners...

Sorry to hear that you are disgruntled. My two DPs work just fine. Does that make me a 'gruntled' DishPlayer owner??? ;)

The Nickster :smoking:

·
Hall Of Fame
1,117 Posts
LOL. Good one. I used to have a DishPlayer until I upgraded to a DishPVR501. I figured that I'd still get the PVR capabilities and for free. I hardly ever used WebTV, and the PVR will have OpenTV by the end of the year. The $5 a month charge for it is kinda pathetic even with the proposed content, but I guess you take what you can get.

·
God Bless America!
2,538 Posts
"LOL. Good one. I used to have a DishPlayer until I upgraded to a DishPVR501. I figured that I'd still get the PVR capabilities and for free. I hardly ever used WebTV, and the PVR will have OpenTV by the end of the year. The $5 a month charge for it is kinda pathetic even with the proposed content, but I guess you take what you can get."

It has OpenTV now - for free. The charge is for the games coming in the future.

Mark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.