DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Icon
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I started to notice that my 622 would go into pixilation and stuttering problems each time I went from a delayed with the buffer to live. The problem would last 2 - 3 seconds then completly go away. These were the only A/V problems that I saw all weekend. It sure looked as if the buffer is tied into this in some way. Anyone else notice this?

·
622 Tips & Trick Keeper
9,880 Posts
Was this across all channels? Most of my audio issues I am seeing seem to be tied to my Dish HD locals. Ever once in a while I do see a hiccup when when I am jumping around the buffer but it definitely is not common and usually when it happens if I jump back I find that it seems to be something recorded in the stream.

·
Icon
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was only on the CBS HD feed from Salt Lake City. I emailed dish about it and they are checking it out. The only A/V problems I have seen are on the HD locals. I have the Platinium package with all the HD stuff and have never seen the problems on "the other" channels.

·
622 Tips & Trick Keeper
9,880 Posts
Steve... I don't follow what areas have Dish HD locals so when you say HD locals are you referring to Dish or OTA. Always good to make the note when describing issues here since in terms of troubleshooting that distinction is important.

>>>> OOOOPS <<<<< Just noticed form your sig that you don't have OTA so it is the Dish HD locals. Good... Yeah those for me have been the most problematic and personally I think their is still more tweaking to get those channels humming.

·
Icon
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now Dish is starting to ask about my Yamaha receiver that the A/V go thru..........I hope they don't go down that road and try to blame my equiptment.

·
622 Tips & Trick Keeper
9,880 Posts
Well you can nip that one in the butt if you you have RCA hooked up to your TV and you are hearing the same thing.. Personally I think it is a stream thing and most of the issues are upstream but that is my guess and really don't have a lot to go by except personal experience and reading posts here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.