DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Legend
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This, to me at least, is kinda interesting. I have A/V sync issues on all channels when I use the HDMI connection on my SONY TV. (See my siggy for model number.) When I use the Component input it is just fine.
On New Years Day I went to my sister & brother-in-law's house. They have the same TV, but the older TIVO HD unit, whatever that model is (HR250-10?). They also had A/V sync problems.
I had been under the impression that the A/V sync issue was something new with HR-20. Yes? No? Maybe? :)
Or is it possible that the SONY TVs are the culprits when it comes to HDMI?
Thanks,
Dave

· 1960'S NOSTALGIA
215 Posts
The problem is with certain tv sets...I use the HDMI to my Panasonic 50" plasma
and the optical out to my Pioneer Receiver....some reports tv's having to use the
component wires in place of the HDMI ..no lip sync or audio sync with my tv...

· Legend
177 Posts
deebeeeff said:
This, to me at least, is kinda interesting. I have A/V sync issues on all channels when I use the HDMI connection on my SONY TV. (See my siggy for model number.) When I use the Component input it is just fine.
On New Years Day I went to my sister & brother-in-law's house. They have the same TV, but the older TIVO HD unit, whatever that model is (HR250-10?). They also had A/V sync problems.
I had been under the impression that the A/V sync issue was something new with HR-20. Yes? No? Maybe? :)
Or is it possible that the SONY TVs are the culprits when it comes to HDMI?
Thanks,
Dave
Funny I have a Sony plasma (see my sig for the model and an HR20 and for the 1st time since I got the HR20 back in September I had a slight sync problem. I recorded Letterman on Wednesday night on CBS HD (which comes over the sat. in my area) and when I watched it yesterday the voice was behind the lips by a second or 2. I'd like to know if this is random, a glitch with the new software update or is it an actual SONY HDMI issue? Like I said it was the 1st time this ever happened. Earl??? Any idea?

· I used to be a rocket scientist
11,448 Posts
It's not a Sony issue and it's not an HDMI issue - it's an issue with how the signals are delivered through your system and how they are encoded by the networks and D*, all interacting. That's what makes it hard to nail down. I believe that people running their signals through the same signal path (e.g., connecting everything through an A/V receiver or nothing through one) tend to have fewer or at least smaller synch issues, but that's just a suspicion on my part.

We have a Samsung TV connected through my Yamaha receiver via component and still get some lip-synch issues of some channels (ESPN HD is the most common), though a few days ago we were off by about a full second on Spike TV's syndicated episodes of CSI:. After that one day, the issue was gone and hasn't recurred. And to confuse matters further, it's the first time it was ever that bad in 11+ weeks with this DVR connected to the same A/V system and TV.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.