DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're down at the southern edge of the current storm in the Rockies -- several inches of snow overnight and still accumulating. Just thought I'd note that the A9 enabled recording four programs overnight, right through the heart of the storm.

I brushed it off, this morning, just as a precaution -- though everything was still clicking along just fine.

· Godfather
440 Posts
I seem to be having the same experience here during rain storms so far since install.
I know! it has been holding the signal better than the 3lnb I had previously.....

· Godfather
290 Posts
bobojay said:
I seem to be having the same experience here during rain storms so far since install.
I know! it has been holding the signal better than the 3lnb I had previously.....
Same here in New Orleans. We had some very severe rain last week and never once lost the signal. The new A9 5-lnb dish is way more stable then the 3-lnb dish. With the smaller 3-lnb dish I would lose the signal every time it rained. It was happening so often that I really didn't think I would be able to stay with DirecTv. The A9 made all the difference in the world.

· Hall Of Fame
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Later in the day -- up to 10-12" snow, now -- and, previously, I've ignored questions about how much Guide data is retained/not retained when rebooting. After all, I usually got to choose [or knew in advance an update was coming] when this was occurring. Not today.

Three power failures and I love my UPS's; but, now we're sneaking up on Friday evening and the weekend and -- even sliding over to Standby to prompt updates -- I'm going to have to rely on Web info to plan what to record, this weekend. The Guide just ain't gonna be up to speed!

· Registered
2,550 Posts
My slimline held in there until 9:15 last night and 30" of snow the last two weeks. The snow yesterday was very wet and it finally iced over. I went up on the roof with a warm wet towel and melted about an inch of ice off of it.

All is ok today.

My HR20 recovered fine but my HR10 would not detect the second satellite line. Finally after a forced reboot it is back to normal.

· Legend
109 Posts
About a month ago we replaced our 3LNB with a 5, and the installer commented that it was the newer, I guess that's the '9'. While we have not had much rain in S. FL in this period, I can say that there is a noticeable improvement in performance in reception with the rain we have had. I'm looking forward to seeing how it holds up in the rainy season.

· AllStar
102 Posts
We have had 12" of snow in the last 2 days, filling the bottom portion of our 5LNB dish. I've had to climb on the roof twice to clean it off. I don't recall doing this to my old round or oval dishes. (Of course it never snows this much in Albuquerque).

I wonder how folks in the north deal with this. Do you spply no-stick spray to the dish? lol.

· DBSTalk Club Member
584 Posts
Ed Campbell said:
We're down at the southern edge of the current storm in the Rockies -- several inches of snow overnight and still accumulating. Just thought I'd note that the A9 enabled recording four programs overnight, right through the heart of the storm.

I brushed it off, this morning, just as a precaution -- though everything was still clicking along just fine.
I lost reception on my dish this last Denver storm - It was wetter than the big one last week and it stuck to the dish - I used compressed air to blow it off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.