DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Mentor
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just signed up for AAA last month... Read bits and pieces about AAA members getting a discount on DirecTV monthly bills.

How much is the AAA discount and how do you get the discount applied to your account?

·
Cool Member
13 Posts
Think it's for new DTV customers. This is from AAA's website:

DIRECTV®

Receive a $10 credit each month for 24 months for new subscribers, in addition to nationally advertised offer.* Call 1-800-242-9114.
(See Disclaimers/Conditions).

·
Mentor
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cartrivision said:
There is (or was) also an AAA discount for existing customers. Don't know if it is still available.
Anyone have any additional info on this for existing customers?

·
AllStar
92 Posts
kc1ih said:
There was an AAA discount available for existing customers, but it ended many moons ago.
Speaking of that current customer discount. If i recall correctly it was a $50 discount immediately then they were going to give us another $50 discount 13 months later. Does anyone with a better memory recall if my memory of the specifics are correct?

If I'm correct I think we are about due the second half of the discount. I believe many of us signed up for it in October 2007.

·
7 Posts
BlueGuy said:
Speaking of that current customer discount. If i recall correctly it was a $50 discount immediately then they were going to give us another $50 discount 13 months later. Does anyone with a better memory recall if my memory of the specifics are correct?

If I'm correct I think we are about due the second half of the discount. I believe many of us signed up for it in October 2007.
I got my AAA $50 discount (immediate) on 12-19-07. I am supposed to get my additional $50 (13th month) in January of 09.

·
Godfather
400 Posts
BlueGuy said:

You are correct, $50 immediately then another $50 on your 13th month after it's been a year. Wonder if anyone is going to get the credit.

·
AllStar
73 Posts
sean10780 said:
You are correct, $50 immediately then another $50 on your 13th month after it's been a year. Wonder if anyone is going to get the credit.
I had to follow up with several emails to customer service to get the initial credit back in Februrary, before I finally got the first $50. I have a feeling I am going to have to do that again at the 1 year point...

·
AllStar
92 Posts
sean10780 said:
I'll be shocked if it happens without prompting.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts