DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Icon
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I note that we have reached the five-year anniversary of the AAD service. Some people felt that the service would end in November, when the transponder lease contract likely came up for renewal. I am not aware of any indication that AAD intends to cease service, but who knows?

I was disappointed to see the HD service end in February, leaving us with only SD. I wonder what market AAD has at this time. I am not sure how many short markets there are, but with multicasting I think the number of short markets is dwindling. There are no doubt some grandfathered customers and some RV customers. Dish is providing full network service to all markets, either through full local carriage or through local combined with distant coverage.

·
Icon
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AAD is a nice complement to Dish service. However, it would be an ideal service if they had continued with the HD service. At this time to me it is incomplete. However, I am glad that they made it past the expected contract renewal date. As long as they are there, there is always a chance that HD service will return.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.