DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Cool Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else having trouble with ABC today? I have both ABC (Channel 7) and NY7 and I can't get the regular ABC to come in at all. No messages, just a black screen? Also NY7 will come in but only after about 1-2 minutes of black screen?

·
Godfather
690 Posts
nymart said:
Anybody else having trouble with ABC today? I have both ABC (Channel 7) and NY7 and I can't get the regular ABC to come in at all. No messages, just a black screen? Also NY7 will come in but only after about 1-2 minutes of black screen?
I'm in Denver and the local ABC affiliate (KMGH) almost got through "Desperate Housewives" before losing HD. So now the rest of the primetime schedule is being broadcast in SD. This is absolutely ridiculous....:mad:

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Just tuned to WABC on my H20 now. Everything looks fine. Doesn't appear to be a problem currently, but I haven't watched WABC 7 at all today so who knows.

·
Cool Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am wondering does this have anything to do with the MPEG2 vs MPEG4 issue that has been discussed? I am new to D* so I don't really know all the channels yet, but I noticed after further review last night that it isn't just ABC. All of my low number HD channels 2,4,5,7 are now gone. I still have the ones labeled NY2, NY4, etc. And I have HD signals on the ones in the 80's (can't remember the exact numbers). So I changed all of my recordings to use those instead. Did the others get shut off as some have talked about getting letters saying they would be?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.