DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
3,055 Posts
This was an issue last year too, if I remember correctly the Dish guide data is only accurate down to a 5 minute period. My guess, and this is just a guess, is they either round up or round down. Last year they were running Lost 3 minutes long and my 622 would show it running 5 minutes long in it's guide and record the 5 minutes.

RANT /ON

I wish networks would stop doing this and just have shows end on the half hour or hour. All it does is make viewers irate and screw up recordings. I don't know about you but it doesn't make me watch commericals or watch the next show on afterwards, all it does is make me mad.

RANT /OFF

The only way to protect yourself is to add padding to your recordings, the problem is, th paddings are skipped if you have back to back timers on the same tuner.

What I do now, since I missed the end of the season premiere last week, is I now make sure I don't have any other OTA recordings scheduled after Lost so I always get the end. This was not easily done last year because I didn't have DishHD locals, but now that I do I just make sure I use a DishHD local for any recording at 10:00pm on Wed.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.