DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,658 Posts
I watch Boston Legal on Tuesdays ABC, but I don't watch the show preceeding it... and I notice that the previous show does not end at 10:00pm. Boston Legal does start before the clock turns to 10:01pm usually, but does not end before 11:00pm.

NBC seems to be pretty much on the clock as does my CW for the shows I watch there. I watch some Adult Swim on Cartoon Network and some of their shows start 2 minutes earlier than the clock and end 2-3 minutes earlier as well... so that channel I have a timer problem in the opposite direction in that I would miss the beginnings if I didn't adjust manually!

·
Super Moderator
21,658 Posts
The first problem is fixing your timers to ensure you get the start and end of your favorite shows... The second problem is when you have a show at 9pm on one channel and another at 10pm on a different channel and only a single tuner DVR.

With a 622 you can record both no problem... but with a single tuner DVR (like my 501) I have to make a choice sometimes of where to sacrifice the overlap when each network is doing a different thing. Fortunately it doesn't happen that often with the shows I watch.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.