DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Icon
704 Posts
syphix said:
And nicely done, too. MUCH smoother debut than CBS's debacle a bit ago...

Congrats, ABC...and congrats viewers: we now have all three evening news' in HD. :up:
I see that too. And when the sides aren't widescreen, they place stock info's and station logo and such on the sides. It's really cool. Wish CBS could do the same. I hardly watch ABC News because their closed captioning are way too unbearable to watch. They're delayed by more than 30 seconds!

· Registered
14,213 Posts
I think this was as much a byproduct of being in the Denver Convention Center, which is wired for HD for the Democratic Convention, and next week WNT will be in St. Paul for the Republican Convention, which will also be wired for HD, so I think the true judge of the success of the HD transition will be when WNT returns to the studio ...

(If you recall, the State of the Union was in HD on ABC in January, even though WNT was not yet HD. The reason was that the network pool from the Capitol was in HD!)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.