DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

about to have apartment installation - need feedback!

906 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Mertzen 
#1 ·
I used to have D* in 97-2000. I recently moved into a new apartment in August and last month I bought a 42" panasonic plasma and a H20 receiver. I called D* to set everything up and a week later the installer came. We had just gotten 12" of snow the day before, so he told me he could not mount it to a pole b/c of the weather. He wanted to place it on the roof and then cancelled the install b/c I didnt have written permission. I have another appointment for satuday and the weather has cleared and should be 47 degrees that day. I live on the lower level of my complex, so I would prefer it be placed on a pole mount. should he be able to do this. I read that as long is it is in my patio area I do not need permission.

My friend has a guy who works for D* but I have not heard this to ask myself. I am getting the 5LNB, and I am looking to avoid any potential problems before they arise. My patio consists of a slab of concrete, but was hoping he could install the dish somewhere in the surrounding area. There are no obstructions to block a signal so I am thinking I should be good to go. Can I get a little help?

Thanks,

Adam

#5 ·
vock79 said:
I found out that for a patio installI do not permission, only for a roof install would I need permission.
Unless that information came from your apartment office, I would still be a little concerned on whether or not you would catch some flack for doing it. The 5LNB dish is quite a bit bigger and sure to get some attention.

#6 ·
Ok here's the word we get from the brass at my HSP

- ALWAYS get written permission. Don't even start without it. Doesn't matter where it goes.

- Pole mount is a last resort. It takes a lot of time and effort and is a big mess with the concrete. Unless we cannot find another LOS we don't like to do it. If we have another LOS and you insist on a pole mount it will be an extra charge [ about $75 ]

- The Ka/Ku 5 LNB is a big ole dish with a big windload and this needs a good mount. If you have a flat roof you can always ask for a non pen mount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.