DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· AllStar
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been watching the PPV list via mydish.com, waiting on this movie (DVD came out Tuesday). Nothing yet, but then I get the Dish e-mail for the PPV lineup today and hey, a pic of ALVH is shown on the list. So I go back over to mydish.com to order and . . . . it is not there.

Anyone know the story and how we can find out if/when this will pop up?

· Godfather
640 Posts
pmjones said:
So I have been watching the PPV list via mydish.com, waiting on this movie (DVD came out Tuesday). Nothing yet, but then I get the Dish e-mail for the PPV lineup today and hey, a pic of ALVH is shown on the list. So I go back over to mydish.com to order and . . . . it is not there.

Consider yourself fortunate. I was stupid enough to pay for it in a movie theater. It really and truly sucks. :nono:

· Godfather
346 Posts
Granted it wasn't as good as the book (they never are) but I thought they did a pretty good job with this movie compared to most that are based on books. The movie was a little different, with more action at the end but it wasn't bad.

· AllStar
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My question is actually a little grander (in scope) than just this particular movie ~ why is it that (most often) Dish seems to have the movie the same day as DVD, but other times (such as appears to be with ALVH), there is this mysterious 'waiting period' after the DVD release before it shows up?

· Hall Of Fame
1,891 Posts
I thought it was not too bad. I know want to see the Abe zombie movie.

· Hall Of Fame
1,984 Posts
pmjones said:
My question is actually a little grander (in scope) than just this particular movie ~ why is it that (most often) Dish seems to have the movie the same day as DVD, but other times (such as appears to be with ALVH), there is this mysterious 'waiting period' after the DVD release before it shows up?
Depends on the studios/what contract Dish has with them. Notice Avengers isn't on PPV/VOD yet either?

263 Posts
pmjones said:

Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter is currently available via VOD only. I personally haven't seen it, buy friends who have said they thought it was interesting. If you like movies like Army of Darkness and the like this might be one you would want to see.

As for Battleship, I watched it last weekend because I was bored and I didn't think it was as bad as I had originally thought it would be. It was entertaining and the graphics were very good.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.