DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Mentor
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search, found some info on this. My circumstances are a little different. It's a directTv Receiver HR20-700 HD DVR.

DVR has been working flawlessly for over a year. Turned the TV on this morning. Was receiving programming with a "Acquiring Guide Data" box on the screen with a press select for "more info". Pressed for more info. Stated if the guide did not appear within 2 minutes, restart by pressing red button. if this did not help call customer service Error 772. I reset DVR and am now not receving any signal.
I did a signal check. Tuner 1 ok
Tuner 2 ok
Satelite 101 FAILED
satelite OK
satelite OK
satelite OK

My second DVR (HR20-700) was working fine in another room. Unhooked it to test the non-working DVR. Had same issue so I hooked the working DVR back up....now it is not working! It had been on all morning and working fine.

They are sending out a Tech in 3 days. Wondering if anyone has suggestions on what I can try to fix it before then.

The multiswitch is a Zinwell about a year old. Looks to be in perfect condition. Dish is a 5 LNB, over a year old.

Thanks, Jimmy

·
Mentor
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Programming is back on the original Receiver. Still has the blue "Acquiring Guide Data..." with the "more info" . I won't press select because I'll probably lose programming again.
The guide does come up and I can change channels but the Acquiring Guide Data is still there.

I'm watching the Yankee game and the black screen with the DirectTV logo will come up ( as if you have paused a show and the screensaver has come up) Can still hear the game. I can hit any button and it will come back on and then eventually go back to the screensaver again.....weird. DirectTV is of no help.

The second DVR is still down......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.