DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Godfather
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a dual LNB dish currently with two Tivos.

I picked up the last HR20 in Massachusetts on Friday. They will be coming to install the new AT9 dish soon.

But until then, I'd like to replace one of the Tivos with the HR20. Can I activate the HR20 using the dual LNB. Is this possible? Just plug it in, call up DirecTV and have them activate it?

The reason I'd like to do this is so I can watch all the recordings on the Tivo downstairs before transferring it to another room (which I'll do when the dish is installed).

·
Godfather
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, I set it up and it seems to be working. However, I am missing my SD locals after activating the receiver.

When they asked for the dish type, I selected "round" because, well, my dish is round. :) It is a dual LNB, but the dish isn't oval.

The only satellite in the signal strength screen is 101. Is this correct for a round dish? If so, I'm guessing that the CSR I spoke to messed up the activation.

·
Registered
12,624 Posts
Right, you will only see signals on the 101-deg "Sat A" satellite transponders. If you're getting your local channels on your other receivers/DVRs, then you should get them on the HR20 DVR also. You might need to call DirecTV and ask them to "rehit" your DVR's authorization.

·
Godfather
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They hit it again, and I did a red button reset, and everything seems ok. I have the locals!

Well, when I tune in Stars, I can see the picture just fine, but it also puts a window on the screen that says that the channel isn't purchased and that I should call DirecTV. The channel is purchased, though. So that is a little odd.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
1,135 Posts
redrover said:
Just call DTV and have them reactivate. Im sure it isnt a problem. Sucks to be on hold for 3 hours but...
The phone system is automated and it will resend the activation without talking
to anyone, assuming you press the right button.

·
AllStar
75 Posts
ShapeGSX said:
I have a dual LNB dish currently with two Tivos.

I picked up the last HR20 in Massachusetts on Friday. They will be coming to install the new AT9 dish soon.

But until then, I'd like to replace one of the Tivos with the HR20. Can I activate the HR20 using the dual LNB. Is this possible? Just plug it in, call up DirecTV and have them activate it?

The reason I'd like to do this is so I can watch all the recordings on the Tivo downstairs before transferring it to another room (which I'll do when the dish is installed).
I have Triple-LNB for my old Sony HD receiver. I tried this Triple-LNB with my R10 DTivo but it never work (missing channels) so I use Dual-LNB for my R10 DTivo and Triple-LNB for my Sony HD Receiver.

Anyway, picked up HR20 at BB store in Nashua, NH with 12% off coupon and no tax (total was 263.12) on Sept 23, and scheduled for installation for 10/10. Sucks to be me, can't leave work on that date, so rescheduled to 10/23. Can't wait for 2 weeks, so I activated my HR20 using my existing Triple LNB. HD channels works, but NY CBS & FOX that I used to receive is unaccessible (displaying searching signal.....), I also noticed some SD channels that are missing (displaying same message). I'm not too worry about those missing channels as long as I can record DiscoveryHD and SpeedTV, I'm just gonna wait for the installer. I can watch those missing channel in the other room on my R10. Other than that, everything is fine, including 0xD8 software update yesterday afternoon.

·
Banned
1,614 Posts
ShapeGSX said:
Ok, I set it up and it seems to be working. However, I am missing my SD locals after activating the receiver.

When they asked for the dish type, I selected "round" because, well, my dish is round. :) It is a dual LNB, but the dish isn't oval.
If the dish is round it's not a dual LNB. It's a single LNB with 2 outputs.:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.