DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, this is the umpteenth time I've screwed up and wiped out a response I've carefully written :)

On the "reply" or post screen, there is a button at the top that says "Add Reply". Under the composition box there is also a button that says "Add Reply". I have learned through many stupidities on my part that the "Add Rely" button on the top should be labeled "Start over" because if you hiot that button it will wipe out anything you have written and give you a fresh "reply" screen. No ammount of history or cache checking will get the message back.

Anyway, I KNOW not to hit that button when I want to post the reply. I know to hit the button that is usually just off the bottom of the screen by default (nice and hidden so I can forget about it.). But guess what? I still tend to hit the big button at the top that says "Add Reply". ARGH!

I noticed that button is not present when starting an new thread. Is there a way that this button could be removed from the "reply" screens so that idiots like me don't wipe out responses instead of post them? :) I understand if you can't.

See ya
Tony

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
LOL....I have to laugh because I have done the samething to many times. :D Man, I've lost some big posts as well.
I've been burnt more times than I'm willing to tell.:D
It pisses me off big time for a minute or so.....*sigh*

Maybe Chris could take it off.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tony, Tony, Tony...What am I going to do with you :) .

I've changed the problem button to "NEW REPLY" instead of "Add Reply". Hope this helps.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hehe, I have done that many times. One time it took me 30 minutes to type up something, then BOOM it was gone.

Glad to see Chris Changed the buttons.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did the same thing yesterday while typing up my poticial views for that thread in the potporri, but I have an advantage. For the past few weeks Ive been running a program called 'Spy Agent' on my computer it records EVERY SINGLE keystroke you make, including passwords. So all I did was go into the log file and copy and paste. This is one hell of a program, it runs in stealth so there is no way anyone else can know this program is running. It also logs every single program you use, all AIM, ICQ, Yahoo Mes. and MSN Mes. conversations, takes screen shots every second and you can have the computer put in a total lockdown state at any desired time. But Im the only one that uses this PC so it really doesnt make a difference.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chris,

Thanks! I'm also happy to see that I am not the only one who wipes out his responses with the click of a mouse! :)

See ya
Tony

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.