DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· AllStar
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a third High Def TV in a bedroom and want to add another HD REC. I have two now, 622,811 and a DVR for a total of 4 tuners. Looks like I could add another DP 34 off the one I have a run another receiver off of that.

Would that work?

I realize Dish only allows 4 receivers per account but am wondering how strict they are about that.

Would I have to buy the 5'th one instead of leasing it from Dish?

I want to make sure adding the second DP34 switch would work.

Also any body have any luck trying to get more than 4 receivers from Dish.

Thanks,

Tim

· Mentor
35 Posts
roadrnnr said:
I got a third High Def TV in a bedroom and want to add another HD REC. I have two now, 622,811 and a DVR for a total of 4 tuners. Looks like I could add another DP 34 off the one I have a run another receiver off of that.

Would that work?

I realize Dish only allows 4 receivers per account but am wondering how strict they are about that.

Would I have to buy the 5'th one instead of leasing it from Dish?

I want to make sure adding the second DP34 switch would work.

Also any body have any luck trying to get more than 4 receivers from Dish.

Thanks,

Tim
I have 6 receivers on my account with a total of 7 lines. I have never had a problem with Dish allowing that many. I am planning to add a 7th soon, but not sure if they allow 7. Not sure of exact setup, but yes a DP34 would work.

· Icon
546 Posts
Three jumpers from the additional switch ports of your existing DP34 switch to the sat inputs of the second DP34. Outputs to sat rcvrs for your additional rcvrs/tuners. No power insertion required.:eek2:

· EKB Editor
4,022 Posts
Just like the diagram on the face of the DP34.

You can have up to 4 leased tuners which could be in 2, 3 or 4 receivers depending on your mix of single- and dual-tuner receivers. Any receivers that put you over 4 tuners must be purchased up to a max of 6 receivers.

· AllStar
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok Thanks Guys. That answers it.

Looks like dish will sell me a 211 for $299 which will include a new switch and install. That seems like a good deal as I looked around on Ebay last night and a new 211 is selling for $200 to $250!.

Used switches seem to be plentiful and cheap but with shipping for both seems like I would be close to $250 any way.

Any body know of any other place to find a good 211 cheap?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.