DBSTalk Forum banner

Adding a 5th receiver

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  bwaldron 
#1 ·
My current setup is a SWMline dish with four DVRS (2 HR21-100s and 2 R16-300s). From what I understand, my current setup is maxed out since I have a total of eight tuners in use.

I am thinking about purchasing another DVR. The coax is already in place and I am thinking about installing it myself. What other hardware would be needed? Can I get some kind of splitter/multiswitch for the fifth receiver?

Discussion starter · #5 ·
Johnnie5000 said:
Trying a 8way splitter before going with the extra dish route would be a bit simpler. No guarantee it would work though, but then again it might.
The single coax from the SWMLine dish does in fact connect to a SWS-8 splitter (similar to the pic). Then there are four lines that run to each receiver.

Would it be as simple as connecting another line to the SWS-8 splitter? Does anyone know for sure before I go out and buy a new receiver?

If I need another dish, that wouldn't be a problem - what dish would I need and where is a good place to get one?

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.