DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I want to add a Directv receiver what will it cost me. I simply want to add a basic receiver to another room in my house.

Thanks
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,102 Posts
Peter305 said:
If I want to add a Directv receiver what will it cost me. I simply want to add a basic receiver to another room in my house.

Thanks
It is all based on your history with DTV.

If you are in good standing I am sure they will give you one and you will have to pay a $4.99 per month lease fee (replaced the mirroring fee).

You could also get a free R15.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blitz68 said:
It is all based on your history with DTV.

If you are in good standing I am sure they will give you one and you will have to pay a $4.99 per month lease fee (replaced the mirroring fee).

You could also get a free R15.
What is the R15?

Thanks again and sorry for the simplistic questions!
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,102 Posts
Peter305 said:
What is the R15?

Thanks again and sorry for the simplistic questions!
No prob dude. The R15 is the Standard Definaition DVR.

It will be a unit like what you are looking for but also be able to record.
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
182 Posts
When you call they will first tell you that it is

$49 (non refundable)

$19.95 (shipping and del)

1 year commitment

leased receiver
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
12,863 Posts
You also need to look at your dish, how many outputs it has, and how many are in use. If you have an existing multiswitch, are there any available outputs. If you don't have an open port someplace, you will need to replace the dish or add a multiswitch also.

Carl
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
carl6 said:
You also need to look at your dish, how many outputs it has, and how many are in use. If you have an existing multiswitch, are there any available outputs. If you don't have an open port someplace, you will need to replace the dish or add a multiswitch also.

Carl
My Dish is on my roof and I can't get to it. Will DirecTV be able to tell me what I need to know from their records? I have had the same dish since I got DirecTV about 4 1/2 years ago.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
12,863 Posts
Your dish probably has two outputs. With that you can feed two separate receivers, or one DVR with 2 inputs.

If you order an R15 or basic receiver from DirecTV, the installer will do what is necessary to connect both inputs, including replacing the dish and/or adding a multiswitch. If you choose to do the work yourself, then you will need to do that work also.

If you have never had or used a DVR, you might want to consider it. Once you use one, you will wonder how you ever did without.

Carl
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
182 Posts
I wouldn't worry about all that...the installer will supply the dish and or multi-switch if it is needed during the install..
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top