DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Legend
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a slimline dish with two HR20''s connected to it. There is a fifth unused cable that leads to an upstairs SD receiver which hasn't been used since I switched to HD. That cable has the last 3 feet, at the dish end, rolled up and taped to the mounting bracket end of the boom. I now want to get a small HD TV and an H21 receiver, and put them in the upstairs location (a home office) so I can watch Fox Business News during the day. I was laboring under the false assumption that there were 5 connectors on the slimline's LNB, but, after inspecting it, I see there are only 4. So where does this leave me? What choices do I have? I am 99% sure that this will be the last addition I will make to my setup since I have no use for a bedroom TV or a TV in any other room for that matter. I am weighing the cost of an H21 (around $99 at Best Buy) against the
cost and hassle of connecting the upstairs TV to one of the existing HR20's which are downstairs. I have the remote and both receivers set for RF, and I know from testing that the remote will operate the receivers from upstairs. I have one of the two downstairs receivers hardwired to my home network via CAT5e cable to a router located upstairs in the home office. Any suggestions? Should I just wait for MRV? I'm almost 70, and may not live long enough to see that happen.

· Legend
133 Posts
If you call D* and let them know what you want to do there is a chance they will bring you an H21 AND a WB68 (multiswitch that allows up to 8 tuners) and install them for you, all for the same $99 it would be if you did it yourself + the multiswitch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.