DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Mentor
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying to add the sports pack back to my account and a pop up is telling me i have to change my package? The ***** of it is I used to get FSNE in my standard package last season?
Is this a new policy?

· Icon
895 Posts
If you want to upgrade through the website then it will make you change to a newer package. They won't force you to change if you call to add the sports pack.

· Mentor
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cdizzy said:
If you want to upgrade through the website then it will make you change to a newer package. They won't force you to change if you call to add the sports pack.
Weird, I would think they would want to encourage people to use the site? Thanks will give them a call.

· AllStar
77 Posts
Steve9060 said:
Weird, I would think they would want to encourage people to use the site? Thanks will give them a call.
I think they do want people to use the website, but I think they also want people to get out of the grandfathered packages. That is what they are trying to do, is migrate everyone to the new packages.

· Legend
144 Posts
I want to add HBO soon but the website seems to try make me change my package too (and I'm assuming it won't be a cheaper one, even w/out HBO).

If I call in, will they let me just add HBO and keep my old package? :confused:

· AllStar
65 Posts
uteotw said:
I want to add HBO soon but the website seems to try make me change my package too (and I'm assuming it won't be a cheaper one, even w/out HBO).

If I call in, will they let me just add HBO and keep my old package? :confused:
Yup, as long as you call and talk tot them, you can change and you won't lose anything.

· Icon
647 Posts
scottie_vox said:
Question: Are college football games blacked out on the RSN's like MLB is?
Games that are broadcast also on ESPN Gameplan are blacked out of RSN if that RSN happened to be carrying that game. (that's assuming you don't subscribe to ESPN GP). All other games are not blacked out.

· Icon
762 Posts
usmcbob55 said:
Really ??? I actually talked to someone and they told me I had to change

:crying_sa :crying_sa :crying_sa
Yep, it appears that the ability to keep your grandfathered package may have gone by the wayside. Same thing happened to me.

· Hall Of Fame
1,167 Posts
jimb726 said:
Yep, it appears that the ability to keep your grandfathered package may have gone by the wayside. Same thing happened to me.
The key is to use the *automated* system. Don't talk to a CSR. I just did this last Friday and it worked fine. Just follow the prompts to add a premium service and you're good to go.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.