DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Mentor
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just switched to Dish w/Eastern ARC from Comcast since this new satellite orientation works for me - I previously could not get the 119 orbit satellite. We got the TurboHD Silver package + Platinum. The one "issue" is that we now do not get the Noggin channel or Nickelodean which we did get on cable and these are 2 channels that the kids liked to watch. I was wondering if anyone knew:

1. If there was any chance these channels would go to HD by the end of the year and be part of the Turbo HD offerings? I wouldn't think so given the content.

2. What satellites feed these 2 channels in SD? If it's 61.5 or 72, is it possible to get them added via an 'a la carte' option? I looked all over the Dish website and could not find this information.

Thank you!

P.S. Is there a list somewhere of the additional offerings that Dish is expected to have in HD by the end of 2008? I keep hearing on their TV commercials that they will be adding more HD content by year end.

· Hall Of Fame
3,182 Posts
There is no indication when these channels will go HD, there is no way to add them ala carte (you need to subscribe to the package they are in. Dish released a list of future HD channels, but again there is not time table for any of them.

· Icon
324 Posts
thenamesash said:
Hi,

I just switched to Dish w/Eastern ARC from Comcast since this new satellite orientation works for me - I previously could not get the 119 orbit satellite. We got the TurboHD Silver package + Platinum. The one "issue" is that we now do not get the Noggin channel or Nickelodean which we did get on cable and these are 2 channels that the kids liked to watch. I was wondering if anyone knew:

1. If there was any chance these channels would go to HD by the end of the year and be part of the Turbo HD offerings? I wouldn't think so given the content.

2. What satellites feed these 2 channels in SD? If it's 61.5 or 72, is it possible to get them added via an 'a la carte' option? I looked all over the Dish website and could not find this information.

Thank you!

P.S. Is there a list somewhere of the additional offerings that Dish is expected to have in HD by the end of 2008? I keep hearing on their TV commercials that they will be adding more HD content by year end.
72 is what feeds those channels in SD

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.