DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
AllStar
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all:

I've tried using compressed air to blow out the dust, with no long-lasting luck. In that process, I inadvertently stopped the fan, so I know it's the fan, and not something else in chassis that's making the noise.

Any advice? Is replacing the fan possible? I'm hoping to avoid replacing the DVR through Directv as I'm no longer under contract.

Thx!

·
AllStar
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey All:

Thanks for the info! I'll give D* a call.

·
AllStar
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I emailed them, and here is the response. I'm reading this and thinking about the fact that I've been with Directv for 10 years, and doing the math on how much money I've given them. It's irritating and comical at the same time. :)

"I'm sorry to hear that one of your HD DVR receivers is making a lot of noise. I understand that you'd like to have it replaced or upgraded.

I can see how important having the latest technology is to you. At DIRECTV, we want to keep our loyal customers and we certainly want to reward them by passing them great savings on equipment upgrades.

I see that you are eligible for a discounted equipment upgrade and we can give you an HD DVR for $149. This offer also includes $0 delivery and handling fee and $0 installation.

Additionally, please note that this is available for a limited time only and should you accept this offer, it will include a programming agreement of 2 years."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.