DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Legend
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I recall, we Dish customers are actually paid ahead for a month on our service. I will leaving E* by the end of November but my November bill is due on 11/3. I certainly don't want to pay November's bill(which is for December's service). Am I correct on this ? Thanks !

·
Hall Of Fame
2,114 Posts
Your bill actually lists the dates the service covers. Mine is due on the 13th, but they cut the bill on the 23rd for service from the upcoming 10th thru the 9th. By the time you get to the due date, you are already a few days into the "coming month". Looks to me like your billing cycle goes through the end of November to start with.

·
Cool Member
29 Posts
Just a little advice, since I am going through a major problem with another company with this same type of thing: pay for any month that you end up using, even if it is partially used, as long as you know you will get a credit for unused service. A cell phone company is trying to charge me for an entire month's bill when I canceled 13 days into the 31 day cycle, and I didn't pay the bill when it was due, largely because I had canceled a full week before the bill was even due to begin with.

My statement gets sent out dated the 16th, it's due around the 5th, and goes basically from the 1st to the end of the month for service. Because of my unrelated problem, I actually emailed them a few days ago about this kind of situation, and they said that because they bill in advance, you would pay for the month's service, and then be credited for service that was unused.

Good luck.

Eric

·
5 Posts
I am going to cancel my Dishnetwork account. I was not given a contract when they installed the dish a year ago. I thought the contract was for a year, they are saying 18 months. I have called numerous times asking for a copy of the agreement I signed. In three months and 4 phone calls, they have not sent it yet and not it is at the 12 month mark. The sample contract inthe users guide says 1 year but this is not signed by either party.....

Any thoughts on this? Did anyone sign an actualy contract and if so was it 18 months or 1 year? I really dont want to pay them 100 bucks to cancel.

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.