DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
AllStar
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some technical advice... I am thinking of scaling back to just 2 receivers and am wondering if I have all the needed equipment to make it happen. I'd like to end up with a full supported DECA/Whole Home configuration. I have disconnected my other HD DVR's (HR20, HR22), and I am planning to ship back to DirecTV.

My Current setup:
5 lnb dish with 4 wires running into a SWiM 8 (don’t see a model number on it)
From the SWiM8, I have a single wire running into a Power Inserter model "PI 29Z"
From the PI 29Z, I run a single wire into the center/middle IN port of an 8 port passive switch model "SWS8WB-WNC"

*New configuration currently working, using Ethernet, not DECA:
From the SWS8WB-WNC, I have 2 coax cables going to 2 different HD DVR's
1) HR24 (both tuners working)
2) HR34 (5 tuners working)

Both DVR's have Cat5 cables connected to my Frontier DSL router... and I have no problem with Whole Home (unsupported), TV Apps, VOD, etc...
I read that both the HR24 and HR34 have built-in DECA, but I am not 100% sure how I'd get the 2 receivers to also access Internet resources. I am guessing an Internet Connection Kit/Module would take care of that, but is there a way to avoid adding that extra cost?

Am I close to having this system SWiM/DECA/Supported WH DVR?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

·
AllStar
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That sounds way too easy... is bridging a new feature just for the HR34? Makes a lot of sense... and saves some $$$, too. I was thinking I'd have to go to eBay or DirecTV to buy a Internet Kit.

Very good info... TY

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.