DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Cool Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone could give me insight.

This past year was the first year I was able to get MLB EI (on Comcast Tallahassee). One of the reasons I wanted it was that I grew up listening to Skip Carry and the Braves. Although I live in Tallahassee and there are many Braves fans here, we are NOT part of the local Braves tv area. The first week or so MLB EI carried Braves games on Peactree tv and then stopped. I emailed them to ask (and am STILL WAITING for their answer). Unfortunately in the meantime Skip has passed away, but am still curious why the "Peachtree" Braves games were not offered.

Thanks, Jim

· Icon
769 Posts
i don't know the answer to that, but i think we used to be part of the braves local broadcasting until wctv (6.2) signed on w/ rays TV network. now i think they consider us local to TB.

i do remember something about the peachtree TV being local only to atlanta, and not a superstation, therefore it wasn't supposed to be broadcast outside of atlanta. i wish TBS had kept the braves contract; i think they went to peachtree TV because they considered any tv coverage was better than no tv coverage. there are a few cable companies in georgia that are carrying the braves on peachtree.

· Hall Of Fame
4,573 Posts
Dr_Jim said:
Wondering if anyone could give me insight.

This past year was the first year I was able to get MLB EI (on Comcast Tallahassee). One of the reasons I wanted it was that I grew up listening to Skip Carry and the Braves. Although I live in Tallahassee and there are many Braves fans here, we are NOT part of the local Braves tv area. The first week or so MLB EI carried Braves games on Peactree tv and then stopped. I emailed them to ask (and am STILL WAITING for their answer). Unfortunately in the meantime Skip has passed away, but am still curious why the "Peachtree" Braves games were not offered.

Thanks, Jim
:welcome_s to the forums Jim.
IIRC,DirecTV had some kind of deal/arrangement with Peachtree TV to broadcast the Braves games to subscribers that were in the old Turner South channel footprint.
I think the games were televised on channel 617 via DirecTV.
During the regular season,we received most of the Peachtree TV/Braves games.There were 1-2 instances where the Peachtree TV feed was either turned on late or not at all.
I don't know if this will be the same case when next season rolls around or not.I guess we will just have to wait and see how it works out.
Hope the info helps. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.