Hall Of Fame
6,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
7 Posts
Darkman said:
November 21 2006 at 02:17PM

By Sean Yoong

Kuala Lumpur - Al-Jazeera's new English-language channel said on Tuesday its first week on air has won a positive response from television viewers worldwide, including tough markets like the United States....

--
( The entire article is at the following source: http://www.int.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=123&art_id=qw1164109681665B254 )
I have been watching since the begining and so far so good I think. Is interesting to watch international news not as filtered as in the USA......

·
Legend
182 Posts
You can pick it up on Free To Air dish on satellite IA-5 at 95 *W since they are in the clear transmission.

It's on FSS band freq, ranges 10.7 to 12.2 GHz band.

You must have at least 3 foot "90 CM" dish in order to pick up the signal.:)

Have fun TV DXing!!:)

12-2-06

·
Hall Of Fame
6,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
By Stuart Schoffman

Those who care deeply about Israel have something new to worry about al-Jazeera in English. The Gulf-based media behemoth-Persian Gulf, that is, not good old friendly Galveston-has just launched a 24/7 global news service to rival CNN and BBC, whom friends of Israel aren't thrilled with either. Now, on hi-def screens in bars and cafes, cellular phones and other wi-fi contraptions, home and office computers, and plain old color TVs in rumpus rooms, viewers worldwide will be treated to a look at Israel (and the rest of the known universe) from a decidedly Arab perspective. Welcome to the 21st century.

I've not seen the English al-Jazeera yet; the Israeli cable provider that will be carrying it is the one I don't subscribe to. But I can just bet what it will be broadcasting: Israeli citizens panicking in Sderot, where puny rockets fired by Gaza guerrillas are a constant and lethal threat. The Israel Defense Forces using massive state-of-the-art tanks and artillery to try and stamp out the Islamic resistance fighters," to no avail; but in the process killing scores of innocent civilians, including many children....

--- etc ---

---
( The entire article is at the following source: http://www.juf.org/news_public_affairs/article.asp?key=7624 )

·
Hall Of Fame
3,474 Posts
Darkman said:
(quoting a source) I've not seen the English al-Jazeera yet; the Israeli cable provider that will be carrying it is the one I don't subscribe to. But I can just bet what it will be broadcasting
:scratch: So this is just a commentary on what someone imagines is going to be on? Is that helpful?

·
9 Posts
ticoman said:
I have been watching since the begining and so far so good I think. Is interesting to watch international news not as filtered as in the USA......
I agree we live in a world of free speech so think its good to have the other side of the storey hopefully people can find a middle ground if they see both sides views

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.