DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Cool Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In mid Dec, I made my 5th call to customer service over the same issue. Eventually the R15 would start missing SERIES recordings in my Prioritizer. I'd get the "no upcoming" message when I'd select various SLs in the Prioritizer, but then I'd SEARCH the program and 15 episodes would be upcoming. Plus the ToDo list would have 50 or so programs when I should ALWAYS show 99.

I got a smart dude on the phone... the same guy who recommended I check out dbstalk... and he was the first at D* to get me an answer that worked.

The solution is a bummer, though. I can get total accuracy... but only if I keep my SL total at around 20 events. So I'm glad it's working properly... but I think if I WANT to schedule 35 SLs (or 50 or, hell, 100!!), the R15 should be able to handle it.

· Cool Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes seems to be working great. One thing I wish were different though: I wish if my DVR already has a copy of, for example, the Seinfeld episode called "The Robbery"... that it would not tape a second copy. When I say "BOTH" that shouldn't include episodes STILL in the playlist. "BOTH" should mean "even when I taped, watched and deleted an episode a few weeks ago, I want the DVR to record it again the next time it airs."

· Banned
4,642 Posts
Do you record much Food Network, TLC of Discovery stuff? That's where I'm seeing problems with FR/Repeats.

The R15 use to bypass shows already in MyPlayList. But once you deleted the show from MyPlaylist it would record it again. Kids shows are a great example of this. Are you saying this is happening again?

Tivos have their 28 rule in that if it recorded a show in the past 28 days (even if you've deleted it) it will not record again. And the real kicker is that the history screen tells you why it didn't record a show.

· Cool Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wolffpack said:
Tivos have their 28 rule in that if it recorded a show in the past 28 days (even if you've deleted it) it will not record again. And the real kicker is that the history screen tells you why it didn't record a show.
I think that's thinking too much on my behalf. It should just tape ALL episodes I don't currently have in my playlist.

· Cool Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Series Link Update: My R15 was all set to skip my number 1, 2, and 3 priority shows. At the time I had 20 SLs. So I manually set the shows to tape, dropped the SLs to 18, and hit a red reset button. Everything's back in business for now but... again... I swear the performance of SL recordings gets spotty the more you have in there. I LOVE TV... and I want to be able to make SLs for as many shows as I want.

· Banned
4,642 Posts
brad5am said:
I think that's thinking too much on my behalf. It should just tape ALL episodes I don't currently have in my playlist.
Tivos at least give you a choice. First Run Only/Repeats & First Run/All (with duplicates). On networks like SciFi/Food Network/DSC/TLC the R15 gives you one choice, record everything unless it's in your playlist. Get a couple of marathons running some holiday weekend you easily can fill up your playlist and loose recordings you hadn't watched yet.

I never really understood the R15's options of First Run/Repeats/Both. Why would anyone want to record just repeats and not first runs? Assuming the R15 could tell the difference.

· Icon
555 Posts
Wolffpack said:
I never really understood the R15's options of First Run/Repeats/Both. Why would anyone want to record just repeats and not first runs? Assuming the R15 could tell the difference.
Several of us observed that 10FA changed our series codes to Both. I think that action has something to do with your observation and suspect that a few lines of code have changed deep within the R15. I don't yet know the effect of the putative change....

Cheers,

· Hall Of Fame
1,528 Posts
I still dont have the new update but I too have noticed the last few weeks, on my one good R-15 at least, I seem to be getting less repeats. I was wondering why there was less and less to watch even though some new seasons of shows have started.

BattleStar Galactica, Mythbusters STILL have the repeats though.

I am beginning to think to us they are repeats but to the R-15 they are not as there is no 28 day rule like the DirecTiVos have.

· This is only a test...
219 Posts
I got the new update last week and my SL for Battlestar Galactica is finally working correctly. With the previous software version I couldn't even find Battlestar in my search, for whatever reason it could not see it. It would be in the guide but not in the search. So I just deleted my SL for BG and put it back in after the new update and it seems to be O.K. now. It's sceduled to record the first episode for the new season this weekend and hasn't scheduled or recorded any repeats.... yet! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.