DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Cool Member
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, the expiration date on all the pushed PPVs was suddenly reset to 8/17. I had 10 - 14 of them, including the latest ones, like The Bank Job. At midnight, they were all deleted.

Anyone else have this happen? Could this be a suspension of the pushed PPV program?

I run an R15 300.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
15,592 Posts
DavidC said:
Yesterday, the expiration date on all the pushed PPVs was suddenly reset to 8/17. I had 10 - 14 of them, including the latest ones, like The Bank Job. At midnight, they were all deleted.

Anyone else have this happen? Could this be a suspension of the pushed PPV program?

I run an R15 300.
Haven't seen anything say they're suspending this. Anyway why so happy about this since it went to a partition on the DVR that's been reserved for DirecTV since they came out so it's not like it's taking any space from you?
 

· Cool Member
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RAD said:
Haven't seen anything say they're suspending this. Anyway why so happy about this since it went to a partition on the DVR that's been reserved for DirecTV since they came out so it's not like it's taking any space from you?
Uh, hmm.

Rad, you might want to read some of the extensive posts here and elsewhere about the disastrous problems associated with the pushed PPVs, including, but not limited too, the interruption of user-scheduled recordings, and the forced deletion of user-recorded content to make room for the pushed PPVs; the admissions by CS reps the D* did indeed cause that problem with the program rollout; and the D* assertions that they are trying to come up with some kind of patch to repair the damage, all while irritating, once again, many, many customers.

So, if D* is suspending the program, I'm happy, because it means they won't be messing up my intentionally recorded content to make room for things that I could buy any time I wanted to from the 100s.

Snap.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
15,592 Posts
DavidC said:
Uh, hmm.

Rad, you might want to read some of the extensive posts here and elsewhere about the disastrous problems associated with the pushed PPVs, including, but not limited too, the interruption of user-scheduled recordings, and the forced deletion of user-recorded content to make room for the pushed PPVs; the admissions by CS reps the D* did indeed cause that problem with the program rollout; and the D* assertions that they are trying to come up with some kind of patch to repair the damage, all while irritating, once again, many, many customers.

So, if D* is suspending the program, I'm happy, because it means they won't be messing up my intentionally recorded content to make room for things that I could buy any time I wanted to from the 100s.

Snap.
Sorry, didn't see those since I didn't see any of those problems on my R15-300, HR20-700's or HR21-100/AM21.
 

· I used to be a rocket scientist
Joined
·
11,448 Posts
Me either. To my knowledge none of my 5 DVRs (1 HR21, 1 HR20, 2 R15s and 1 R22) have ever had an issue with a pushed recording.
 

· I used to be a rocket scientist
Joined
·
11,448 Posts
Jhon69 said:
My R15-500 had a bunch of recordings deleted.:mad:
And you know this was due to pushed PPV why, exactly, rather than your "Keep until" settings and free disk space?
 

· Cool Member
Joined
·
28 Posts
I am so glad they didn't load a bunch of new showcase movies. The showcase movies might not have been using available space on the DVR but there was absolutely a problem with the showcases that disappeared when the showcases expired.
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
4,787 Posts
LameLefty said:
And you know this was due to pushed PPV why, exactly, rather than your "Keep until" settings and free disk space?
Because this happened when I could see the orange light staying on alot because this was when DirecTV started the program.Also I don't record alot I think I might have had maybe six or seven movies from premium channels on the hard drive.Also I have never found any premium channels movies deleted before DirecTV started the Movies and Now program.When I went to my List and found the movies gone was when I also went into Showcases and found PPV Movies listed.I also only found movies deleted on my R15-500,not my R22-100.
 

· RF Engineer
Joined
·
4,324 Posts
The showcase PPV movies only goofed up R15's (and possibly other models too) if the user had the HDD at 85% or more of their own recordings according to the "disk space meter". Even though the meter said they still could record 10 or 15 hours of shows (on the R15) it wouldn't let them and even deleted some of the user's own recordings.

After reading all the horror stories about "Movies Now", I figured out when they were pushed and went out of my way to be sure both tuners were busy recording during those hours. (most of the stuff I recorded got deleted the next day without watching it)

As a result, I suffered no ill-effects or deleted programs.

But a LOT of regular subscribers posted their horror stories and they were NOT happy campers. The problem was that they pushed SEVEN movies a week which were set to expire THREE WEEKS later meaning that up to TWENTY-ONE movies could be on a DVR at once!! That's a LOT of HDD space to say the least.
 

· RF Engineer
Joined
·
4,324 Posts
Jhon69 said:
I also only found movies deleted on my R15-500,not my R22-100.
I'll bet this is because the R22 series has a 320 Gb HDD and only allows the user to record 150 hours of SD programming. I.E. the HDD is half empty leaving PLENTY of space for "Movies Now". But wouldn't it be nice if they let R22 users fill up the drive with 250 or 300 hours of SD programming which it can hold? ;)
 

· Dry as a bone
Joined
·
12,321 Posts
LameLefty said:
Me either. To my knowledge none of my 5 DVRs (1 HR21, 1 HR20, 2 R15s and 1 R22) have ever had an issue with a pushed recording.
I've not had a problem either. To be honest, I don't even know how to locate the pushed recordings to know if they've been deleted or not. Never paid any attention.
 

· RF Engineer
Joined
·
4,324 Posts
spartanstew said:
I've not had a problem either. To be honest, I don't even know how to locate the pushed recordings to know if they've been deleted or not. Never paid any attention.
I see from your signature line that you have the HR series DVR's that also have 320 Gb HDD's. I. E. your DVR's have PLENTY of reserve space for the "movies now" which is why you didn't have a problem.

They're gone now but next time you're in your playlist, hit the GREEN button to switch to the SHOWCASE tab and that's where they'd be if they were there! :D
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
4,787 Posts
ThomasM said:
I see from your signature line that you have the HR series DVR's that also have 320 Gb HDD's. I. E. your DVR's have PLENTY of reserve space for the "movies now" which is why you didn't have a problem.

They're gone now but next time you're in your playlist, hit the GREEN button to switch to the SHOWCASE tab and that's where they'd be if they were there! :D
Not anymore.;)
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
4,787 Posts
ThomasM said:
I'll bet this is because the R22 series has a 320 Gb HDD and only allows the user to record 150 hours of SD programming. I.E. the HDD is half empty leaving PLENTY of space for "Movies Now". But wouldn't it be nice if they let R22 users fill up the drive with 250 or 300 hours of SD programming which it can hold? ;)
320GB Hard Drive=200 hours SD recording as per the R22-100/200 First Look.;)
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,815 Posts
I guess I have been asleep at the wheel, as I have not noticed any pushed content on my HR20, but then again I have been wathcing a lot of olympics.

Where does the pushed content show up? Along with your own recordings?
 

· I used to be a rocket scientist
Joined
·
11,448 Posts
tkrandall said:
I guess I have been asleep at the wheel, as I have not noticed any pushed content on my HR20, but then again I have been wathcing a lot of olympics.

Where does the pushed content show up? Along with your own recordings?
Nope, it's in the Movies Now! & Showcases tab in your Playlist. Presss Green to swap tabs to see what's there.
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top