DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just started programming my Olympic coverage, as some of the soccer games start 2 days before the opening. Going over the Guide Schedule, if we can just get MSNBC, this would be an all HD OLYPMIC's.

· Super Moderator
54,213 Posts
There are also dedicated Olympic channels coming ... I don't believe missing MSNBC in HD will hurt too much (if you have Universal HD and all the others).

· Hall Of Fame
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think anybody will miss much coverage if any in HD, it would just be nice to have MSNBC, to cover all bases. I wasn't complaining, I was just trying to point out HOW MUCH of the Olympics will be in HD, as we will only be missing 1 Channel. Unlike others

· Super Moderator
54,213 Posts
Olympic coverage on MSNBC starts Wednesday at 7:30am with USA vs Norway Women's soccer that is also on Universal HD. Rerun at 8:00pm and 10:30pm on Universal HD only.

On Thursday at 5:00am USA vs Japan Men's soccer is scheduled on both (rerun at 8:00pm and 10:00pm on Universal HD).

The simulcast continues on Saturday at 5am. Looking ahead in the EPG, if it is on MSNBC it will also be on Universal HD. And once the standalone Boxing and Soccer channels are turned on I doubt anything will be 'missing'.

Who has MSNBC HD?

· Legend
231 Posts
I wish E* would light up the HD locals in the Wichita Falls/Lawton market already so I can have the main NBC channel in HD. I realize it will probably be only 1440 X 1080 "HD Lite" but it still would be a LOT better than the SD locals -which look pretty terrible (I think they're extremely bit-starved).

The Wichita Falls/Lawton channels have been uplinked since April 2 and according to at least one report I read (via the EKB news page) they were supposed to be available by the end of July.

I realize the engineers at Dish Network likely have their hands full getting all the "turbo-charged" software out to ViP series receivers and making sure any technical kinks with new channels are solved. It would just be nice to have those locals up and running before the Olympics are finished.

· Super Moderator
54,213 Posts
It is different engineers, but I agree - the "one channel" that many will be missing in HD is their local NBC in HD. There are several markets uplinked and waiting. Let's get-r-done!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.