DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one TV naturally my Sammmy 46" that doesnt appear to have ASTC support ( cant find anything in manual plus channel search only found the standard 1- 69 types). So I am looking for a reasonably priced OTA RCVR ( already have the antenna ) to use until OTA is enabled. Any decent recommendations really looking for something at most 100$ since I am hoping to not need it for very long (PLEASE DTV send me OTA for christmas :D :D :D )

· Legend in his own mind...
324 Posts
spidey said:
I have one TV naturally my Sammmy 46" that doesnt appear to have ASTC support ( cant find anything in manual plus channel search only found the standard 1- 69 types). So I am looking for a reasonably priced OTA RCVR ( already have the antenna ) to use until OTA is enabled. Any decent recommendations really looking for something at most 100$ since I am hoping to not need it for very long (PLEASE DTV send me OTA for christmas :D :D :D )
Call D* and explain your situation. They'll probably send you an H20 and waive the mirroring fee for a few months.

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
Mirroring fee...

It is a $4.99 fee applied to ever receiver on your account, with the exception of your "first" one.

Your programming package is assigned to your primary receiver.
Each receiver after that "mirrors" the package.

Basically this is the fee you have to pay to "share" the package on all yoru receivers, instead of paying a full subscription for each one.

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
To the OP:

My recommendation to you... is sit tight for a little while longer.
You may find that fairly soon, you won't need another receiver to get OTA

· Lifetime Achiever
21,244 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
To the OP:

Another hint!!!

Cheers,
Tom

· DirecTV 10yr+ Customer
1,010 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
To the OP:

Earl.....you tease.......glad I didn't buy you dinner and wine or I'd be ticked off. :p

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
thekochs said:
Earl.....you tease.......glad I didn't buy you dinner and wine or I'd be ticked off. :p
You would be more then ticked....

I don't look very good in a mini-skirt

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.