DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Godfather
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past 2 Fridays plus today, my AM-21 (attached to an HR-21) seems to "go out". I get a message that it is "searching for off-air tuner". A reboot brings it back, but the timing seems bizarre. Why Friday afternoons?

Everything is UPSed. I don't know what else to add...

· Godfather
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay, it's dying much more frequently now. I guess it was just coincidental that it died on the last three Fridays.

So is that how they die? Is it possible that the DVR is at fault or is that unlikely?

· Godfather
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's the AM-21 that's getting flakey, not the DVR. The DVR is acting fine.

· Godfather
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Throckmorton said:
It's the AM-21 that's getting flakey, not the DVR. The DVR is acting fine.
The signal strength on the antenna is good on the TVs it goes to. I think it's the AM-21. It's probably 2-3 years old.

I was hoping someone else had seen similar behavior and could confirm that's how they die.

Does anyone repair them? For under $50?

· Dad
5,798 Posts
Throckmorton said:
The signal strength on the antenna is good on the TVs it goes to. I think it's the AM-21. It's probably 2-3 years old.

I was hoping someone else had seen similar behavior and could confirm that's how they die.

Does anyone repair them? For under $50?
They are only $50 from Directv. So repair isn't worthwhile at any price. I have four of them, never a problem. But why not try to get another and then see if it continues to fail on Fridays.

· Godfather
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NR4P said:
They are only $50 from Directv. So repair isn't worthwhile at any price. I have four of them, never a problem. But why not try to get another and then see if it continues to fail on Fridays.
I have another on the way already. And I've moved the offender to a new HR34. We'll see how it acts there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.