DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You may remember me as the guy whose AM-21's blue light never lit, but it worked fine. Well for the last week or so, it hasn't worked. When I tune to an OTA channel is says Tuner 1 Removed or Tuner 2 Removed. When I run the Test , by Antenna is says Tuner 1- OK, Removed and Tuner 2 OK, Removed.

I know my antenna line has a good signal because the same feed splits off to my HR10-250, and it is getting the signal. And yes, I've tried..

1) switching the HR21 and HR10 antenna inputs (at the splitter and the inputs)
2) Initial Antenna Install procedure (the Signal meter shows 0 on all OTA channels)

How could it be "Removed"? Doesn't it feed the power to my HR21? Any ideas? or is it time to call DTV.

· Godfather
291 Posts
Did your HDAccess subscription change?

· Registered
21,543 Posts
itzme said:
You may remember me as the guy whose AM-21's blue light never lit, but it worked fine. Well for the last week or so, it hasn't worked. When I tune to an OTA channel is says Tuner 1 Removed or Tuner 2 Removed. When I run the Test , by Antenna is says Tuner 1- OK, Removed and Tuner 2 OK, Removed.

I know my antenna line has a good signal because the same feed splits off to my HR10-250, and it is getting the signal. And yes, I've tried..

1) switching the HR21 and HR10 antenna inputs (at the splitter and the inputs)
2) Initial Antenna Install procedure (the Signal meter shows 0 on all OTA channels)

How could it be "Removed"? Doesn't it feed the power to my HR21? Any ideas? or is it time to call DTV.
Sounds like the unit may have been in failing health from day one (no blue light) and it just now finally gave up the ghost. I would call DirecTV and ask for a replacement.

Before you do, tho, if you haven't already, you might want to try unplugging the AM21/HR21 for a half hour or so, just to see if that improves anything... and of course double-check that the USB cable is in tight. :) /steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.