DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Legend
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a simple set-up. Just One television in the living room hooked up to an HR23-700. I like the system, there is nothing wrong with it. I have had it for 2 months.
But in reading the posts it seems that the 23 is an orphan. Everyone else has HR22's and 24"s
Not that I am complaining, I always champion the underdog, and the down-trodden.

I know you are thinking how can I live with just ONE TV, But I have never had a TV in my bedroom, and my son is too young to have one in his. Heck the installer was in and out in just under 1 1/2 hours (Easiest Install he had that day).

I'm Just venting..good bye:)

· Super Moderator
12,438 Posts
There are HR20's, HR21's, HR22's, HR23's and HR24's. As far as DirecTV is concerned they are all functionally equivalent. From a user experience, they are mostly the same. I've used all but the HR23, and personally find them all satisfactory (others may not agree).

If you like the system, and there is nothing wrong with it, then welcome aboard and enjoy your DirecTV.

· Hall Of Fame
16,178 Posts
"PK6301" said:
I have a simple set-up. Just One television in the living room hooked up to an HR23-700. I like the system, there is nothing wrong with it. I have had it for 2 months.
But in reading the posts it seems that the 23 is an orphan. Everyone else has HR22's and 24"s
Not that I am complaining, I always champion the underdog, and the down-trodden.

I know you are thinking how can I live with just ONE TV, But I have never had a TV in my bedroom, and my son is too young to have one in his. Heck the installer was in and out in just under 1 1/2 hours (Easiest Install he had that day).

I'm Just venting..good bye:)
There is one real benefit of a 23. In a non singe wire setup, it does not require two boxes hanging off the back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.