DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· AllStar
Joined
·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I used to have signal on satellites 99 and 103 and now I don't, installer told me I don't need signal on 99/103 to get my MPEG channels. He basically didn't know what he was talking about, but I just want to verify that I'm not crazy that I should be receiving signal on 99 and 103 correct ?

Thanks
 

· Lifetime Achiever
Joined
·
30,090 Posts
You should be getting a signal on at least one of them... as NYC is receiving a spot beam for the HD-Locals
 

· Beware the Attack Basset
Joined
·
26,481 Posts
jerkieman said:
So I used to have signal on satellites 99 and 103 and now I don't, installer told me I don't need signal on 99/103 to get my MPEG channels.
They shouldn't have gone away. At the very least, you should be seeing some RSNs from one or both of those birds. You should also be getting some stray signals from other markets on your spotbeam(s).
 

· Beware the Attack Basset
Joined
·
26,481 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
NYC is receiving a spot beam for the HD-Locals
Are you sure about that? I was under the impression that NYC HD locals were CONUS only.
 

· Lifetime Achiever
Joined
·
30,090 Posts
harsh said:
Are you sure about that? I was under the impression that NYC HD locals were CONUS only.
jerkieman said:
I'm getting not acquired on both 99/103.

What is Conus ?
The MPEG-4 NY Locals should be spot beamed, from the 99/103 slots
The MPEG-2 NY Locals (in the 80's) are CONUS

CONUS - Contenental US
Basically means the signal is broadcasted over the 48 states.
 

· AllStar
Joined
·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DirectTV says that its normal to have no signal on 99/103 and that my HD channels for NYC are 80 for CBS, 82 for NBC. I hate these guys, I know I should have signal but they keep telling me no, so how do I argue with tech support when they don't even know any better.
 

· Godfather
Joined
·
288 Posts
I attempted replacement of my H20 receiver this past weekend. When going through the guided setup of the replacement H20 (H20-100), I'd get a signal on all birds except for the 99 degree satellite. The CSR told me the 99 was dedicated to foreign broadcasts.

Despite this, the setup of the H20 would fail and would default back to the 3-LNB dish type, so I wasn't able to get local digital channels (they didn't even appear in the guide). I eventually put my original H20 (H20-600) receiver back in service and see all of my locals. I guess I'll just have to learn to live with its intermittent resets.
 

· New Member
Joined
·
3 Posts
CorkyMuldoon said:
I attempted replacement of my H20 receiver this past weekend. When going through the guided setup of the replacement H20 (H20-100), I'd get a signal on all birds except for the 99 degree satellite. The CSR told me the 99 was dedicated to foreign broadcasts.

Despite this, the setup of the H20 would fail and would default back to the 3-LNB dish type, so I wasn't able to get local digital channels (they didn't even appear in the guide). I eventually put my original H20 (H20-600) receiver back in service and see all of my locals. I guess I'll just have to learn to live with its intermittent resets.
I'm having the same problem with my HR20. I just had an AT9 dish installed yesterday. I wasn't there and the installers told my wife that "there is no satellite at 99". Obviously there is and the Boston HD locals are on it so I'm not getting them right now. They're coming back out on Saturday.

Is this a known issue with the HR20? I assumed it was a problem with the dish.
 

· I used to be a rocket scientist
Joined
·
11,448 Posts
JDA said:
I'm having the same problem with my HR20. I just had an AT9 dish installed yesterday. I wasn't there and the installers told my wife that "there is no satellite at 99". Obviously there is and the Boston HD locals are on it so I'm not getting them right now. They're coming back out on Saturday.

Is this a known issue with the HR20? I assumed it was a problem with the dish.
It's probably a problem with the LNB assembly on the dish, an issue with your multiswitch or your cabling perhaps. A tech who actually knows what he's doing should be able to figure out your problem without much difficulty.
 

· New Member
Joined
·
3 Posts
LameLefty said:
It's probably a problem with the LNB assembly on the dish, an issue with your multiswitch or your cabling perhaps. A tech who actually knows what he's doing should be able to figure out your problem without much difficulty.
I also thought is might be an LNB issue (I'm not using a switch) but DirecTV said that 99 comes through the center LNB along with 2 other locations. 99 is the only one I can't see so they said it's probably an alignment issue. I hope all is resolved this weekend. I'm dying to see locals in HD!
 

· Cool Member
Joined
·
17 Posts
dvrblogger said:
You should have signal on transponder 3-6 on 103 (2,3 0 strength the rest n/A and on 99 transponders 1-6
Hmm, I may be in trouble then (see following signal list). What channels would I be missing from 103?

Sat signals are as follows (is anything wrong with them?):
Code:
101:
  1-8: 91 92 93  0 91 91 92 86
 9-16: 89 88 95  0 94 92 92 89
17-24: 89  0 94  0 91 91 94 91
25-32: 92  0 94 94 93 94 92 92

110:
8: 91  10: 94  12: 88

119:
22-32: all 92+

99:
1-6: 94  0  0  0 85 94

103:
1-6:  0  0  0  0  0  0
 

· Icon
Joined
·
545 Posts
Baron Ken said:
Hmm, I may be in trouble then (see following signal list). What channels would I be missing from 103?

Sat signals are as follows (is anything wrong with them?):
Code:
101:
  1-8: 91 92 93  0 91 91 92 86
 9-16: 89 88 95  0 94 92 92 89
17-24: 89  0 94  0 91 91 94 91
25-32: 92  0 94 94 93 94 92 92

110:
8: 91  10: 94  12: 88

119:
22-32: all 92+

99:
1-6: 94  0  0  0 85 94

103:
1-6:  0  0  0  0  0  0
Not necessarily! depending on where you are you're locals may be on either 99 or 103! looks like your's are on 99! are you receiving your HD locals with no problem?
 

· Icon
Joined
·
545 Posts
CorkyMuldoon said:
I attempted replacement of my H20 receiver this past weekend. When going through the guided setup of the replacement H20 (H20-100), I'd get a signal on all birds except for the 99 degree satellite. The CSR told me the 99 was dedicated to foreign broadcasts.

Despite this, the setup of the H20 would fail and would default back to the 3-LNB dish type, so I wasn't able to get local digital channels (they didn't even appear in the guide). I eventually put my original H20 (H20-600) receiver back in service and see all of my locals. I guess I'll just have to learn to live with its intermittent resets.
You rcv local digital channels on your original H20 with no problem, but not on your new H20?

That doesn't sound like a dish alignment problem!
I haven't checked lately, but after a software update the H20 signal meter would not read any signal on the 99, this was only the meter and did not affect reception of digital locals! During setup, doesn't it ask you if you want to proceed with out the 99 sat being detected?
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top