DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· DBSTalk Club Member
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
during the actual time you are recording a program?

That seems like a real flaw.

I have discovered that my defaults for some shows are to record all programs. I would like to change this to new programs only - but in reading the hints pdf - I have to be recording these programs before I can change the default. Is this correct?

· Registered
4,880 Posts
When on the Record menu screen, just hit the Menu button on the remote to bring up the quick menu. Within that quick menu you are able to change the recording defaults for Series Links.

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
No.

If it is already setup, just go into the prioritizer and change the settings there, for that individual one.

If you want to change the defaults for any future recordings, while in the prioritizer hit Menu, there is an option there for defaults

· DBSTalk Club Member
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Meant to get back to you all earlier - thanks - boy D* programmers did not do a good job making this easy to do.

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
alexdrozd said:
I pressed menu last night in prioritizer. I didn't see anything for changing recording defaults. Am I doing something wrong?
No... I was wrong.
You need to be in the record menu for a program, not the prioritizer.

· Registered
4,880 Posts
Reggie3 said:
Meant to get back to you all earlier - thanks - boy D* programmers did not do a good job making this easy to do.
True, but for most people these settings do not need to be changed all that often.

· DBSTalk Club Member
68 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
No... I was wrong.
You need to be in the record menu for a program, not the prioritizer.
It seems this only affects the program you are editing? I would like to change the defaults for future recordings.... Is there any way to do that? By the way, the HR20 has been rock solid the 5 days I've had it. Not as polished as the Tivo, but the Tivo has been around for 7+ years.

· Lifetime Achiever
21,244 Posts
jarredduq said:
It seems this only affects the program you are editing? I would like to change the defaults for future recordings.... Is there any way to do that?
Yes, I rely on recording defaults as I pad nearly everything. There are a couple ways but they all seem to be based on getting to a item that is setup to record or is currently recording.

In my case the most direct path is to go to the list, highlight and "Select" a recording that is a "Series Link", "Select" the "Record" menu. Now press the "Menu" button and a new menu item appears: "Record Defaults". Selecting that menu item expands the defaults you can set: Episode type, Keep at Most, Keep Until, Start, and Stop (padding). I have set the Start and Stop to 1 minute early/late to give me padding on each side as the networks tend to not keep time synched with the rest of the world. (Or each other for that matter.)

Cheers,
Tom

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.