DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Large Hairless ApeCutting Edge: ECHELON '08
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the only one who will have (on componant) blackouts of picture and sound? It's happening more and more it seems. And it seems random, though can happen at the same time during a recording--or not!

·
Banned
686 Posts
i get one or two a night watching recorded programming. since I avoid the hd locals whenever possible in favor of the hd dns feeds, the problem seems to happen on the mpeg2 hd feeds also.

i havent had the time or energy to run downstairs and see if the same dropouts happen on the hr10.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
How long are the blackouts? Seconds? Or is it more of a flash, like a couple frames of the broadcast doesn't play.

·
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Earl Bonovich said:
How long are the blackouts? Seconds? Or is it more of a flash, like a couple frames of the broadcast doesn't play.
A second or two, up to three or four seconds. It only happens on componant, not RCA (I don't have HDMI on this TV). I can pause or bring up a menu, and when the picture returns the screen shows the menu so the unit is active and processing, I think it's just stopping its send to componant (or the TV is reading it as getting nothing).

This did not happen with my H20 which I had on the same TV.

This is the TV: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1898431

I wonder...should I get an HDMI to VGA adapter (if they make one) and try that as an input?

·
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
By the way, this is on SD and HD--no MPEG4 here yet. CSI:Miami was unwatchable at the end because of these.

It's kinda unwatchable just because it's dumb, so let me say unviewable. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.