DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
4,992 Posts
It kind of works for me. Here is what I mean by that. I dont qualify for locals but my zip code has 2 county's in it. One of them has the Tulsa locals and that does show in there if I hit that county and asks me what DVR I want to save it to. I dont have an antenna yet but once I get one I would be happy to try it out and post the results from my findings.

· Registered
8,671 Posts
joshjr said:
It kind of works for me. Here is what I mean by that. I dont qualify for locals but my zip code has 2 county's in it. One of them has the Tulsa locals and that does show in there if I hit that county and asks me what DVR I want to save it to. I dont have an antenna yet but once I get one I would be happy to try it out and post the results from my findings.
If you don't see the -1 channels it will try to record off the sat (channels that you don't get)...
If directv has sat locals for you then they do show up and are recordable..

· The Shadow Knows!
36,634 Posts
As AM21 only works with HD DVRs (and R22s with HD access), I am moving this thread.

· Registered
725 Posts
since we're on the subject of the am21 i have a question. if i remove my locals from my package will i lose guide data for the ota's? E removes the data so that's why i'm asking. thanks for your responses :)

· Hall Of Fame
2,136 Posts
I don't think DirecTV allows you to remove your locals if you can receive them via sat. They are included in all the packages. Some people may be grandfathered into no local packages that are slightly cheaper but you can't drop them to save money.

· Hall Of Fame
6,417 Posts
evan_s said:
I don't think DirecTV allows you to remove your locals if you can receive them via sat. They are included in all the packages. Some people may be grandfathered into no local packages that are slightly cheaper but you can't drop them to save money.
You can opt out of your locals for a $3.00 per month discount. I have been tempted because I get great OTA, but MPEG2 takes up so much more drive space.

· Registered
725 Posts
davring said:
You can opt out of your locals for a $3.00 per month discount. I have been tempted because I get great OTA, but MPEG2 takes up so much more drive space.
let me know if you do this if it works out. thanks :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.