DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a HR34 installed yesterday and hooked up my AM21 and I am receiving more OTA channels in the guide on the HR34 than I do on my HR21-200 with an AM21.

I have done a complete antenna reset on the HR21-200 and its still a no go.

Im in the Champaign-Springfield-Decatur Dma. Im receiving the following extra channels on the HR34: 20-2,43-1,43-2,43-3 and 55-2.

Anybody got a clue as to why the difference?

· Hall Of Fame
3,263 Posts
Christopher Gould said:
Had a HR34 installed yesterday and hooked up my AM21 and I am receiving more OTA channels in the guide on the HR34 than I do on my HR21-200 with an AM21.

I have done a complete antenna reset on the HR21-200 and its still a no go.

Im in the Champaign-Springfield-Decatur Dma. Im receiving the following extra channels on the HR34: 20-2,43-1,43-2,43-3 and 55-2.

I believe the HR34 can scan and add in OTA channels that aren't in the guide data that earlier Hx2x models use. Your HR21 can only tune to channels in DIRECTV's guide data. That's probably the difference you're seeing.

· Legend
146 Posts
Christopher Gould said:
Im receiving the following extra channels on the HR34: 20-2,43-1,43-2,43-3 and 55-2.

On those extra channels, are you getting the hourly program information in the guide?
Is it possible that the antenna feed to that AM-21 has more signal than the other one that gets fewer channels? I guess you would have to move the receivers to find out for sure.

· DaBears
5,992 Posts
You will only get guide data for the channels that DIRECTV provides on the HR2X receivers. The extra channels on the HR34 that are scanned in will not populate with guide data as it's not being sent to the receiver from any source. So you would need to set manual recordings in order to record on those channels not in the guide.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.