DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Icon
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Justin23 said:
The AM-21 does not have the capability to receive SD off-air broadcasts.

J
yes it does not all digital off air broadcast is hd. it can pick up sub stations that are in sd.

if you pick up a local station that is from a another city by using the am21 would be breaking the law by watching that local station instead of your authorized locals.

· Godfather
347 Posts
boba said:
Because the AM21 is a HDTV tuner leased from Directv to be connected to HR21 and probably HR23 receivers.:)
AM21 is owned not leased.

· Banned
4,253 Posts
Grentz said:
Plus if you have an HR21 receiver you are expected to have the HD Access as well since it is an HD receiver.
But it works on my R22 and I have to sub to HD Access!

· Registered
5,915 Posts
dodge boy said:
But it works on my R22 and I have to sub to HD Access!
Then proceed back to my first answer:

Grentz said:
Because you have the ability to get/record HD channels through the AM21 via off-air signals.
:p

· Hall Of Fame
12,954 Posts
dorfd1 said:
yes it does not all digital off air broadcast is hd. it can pick up sub stations that are in sd.

if you pick up a local station that is from a another city by using the am21 would be breaking the law by watching that local station instead of your authorized locals.
Is that last part a question? If so, no it is not against the law to watch anything you can get OTA. OTA broadcast areas are set by the FCC so they know where stations can be picked up and where they cannot. If you can pick it up OTA, you are doing exactly what the FCC allows.

· Icon
1,140 Posts
I live near a 2nd DMA (TV Market).

The AM21 pick ups and gives me guide data for my main market ad the near by TV market.
I get TWO CBS and TWO ABC stations. I also get Nebraska PBS ad Iowa PBS.

DirecTV supports all of this and even gives me guide data for all channels. In the set up they have a place where you can enter a 2nd Zip Code for the OTA Ant config.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.