DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Icon
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why do I get this screen when changing channels on my HR54-500 w/AM21 attached? Only happens with OTA channels.
When the AM21 is attached to my HR24 there is no problem...
Thanks for ideas..
Output device Flat panel display Television Computer monitor accessory Gadget

·
Go Pack Go!!!!
2,436 Posts
I have no clue. I’m trying my 54 right now scrolling thru -1 local channels and I’m not getting that. All channels changing properly.

Is that screen accessible thru the menu some how?

·
Icon
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its puzzling to me...over 20 years with DTV....never recall seeing it before. Also, when the AM21 is connected to the HR54, on a re-boot, it will get hung up and not complete the re-boot.

·
Go Pack Go!!!!
2,436 Posts
That’s not good.

·
Hall Of Fame
6,028 Posts
I've also had some oddities with my AM21 and HR54. Not the message shown in the OP, though. I keep going through the OTA setup and it won't show me all of the OTA stations that it should. Each time I rerun the setup, it is a different list of OTAs that is displays. Weird.

·
Registered
3 Posts
When I got a new HR54, I connected my old AM21. It worked, but the HR54 was flakey — long delays, sometimes one minute or more, and sometimes scheduled programs did not record. Rebooting fixed it, but only temporarily. I chased this for months, then by accident I discovered that when the AM21 was removed the problems went away. DirecTV’s Local Channel Connector does the same thing and you can get it for free, but only if some local channels are not carried on DirecTV. That was not the case for me, so I bought one on eBay and it works great. I don’t use the included antenna.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts