DBSTalk Forum banner
121 - 128 of 128 Posts

·
Mentor
565 Posts
If you were watching Cincinnati, then you might have bigger problems...
It was weird. When I watched my Steelers play on Amazon, I never saw the Steelers offense get in the red zone. It was like the picture just stopped, and the next thing I knew, the opponents had the football. Maybe it'll get better next time.

·
Super Moderator
54,003 Posts
So other than the quality of the play on the field the Thursday games are "acceptable"?

Colts-Broncos averaged a 4.9 rating and 9.70 million viewers on the latest edition of Thursday Night Football on Amazon Prime, marking the lowest rated and least-watched TNF game of the season (four telecasts). It was also the first TNF game to post a year-over-year decline, sinking 41% in ratings and more than a third in viewership from last year’s equivalent Rams-Seahawks game — the first TNF simulcast on FOX last season (8.2, ~14.8M).

Despite the audience sinking more than a third from last year, Broncos-Colts actually averaged more viewers in 18-34 than last year’s FOX simulcast — rising 5% from 2.13 to 2.25 million in the demo. TNF is now averaging 2.66 million viewers in 18-34 this season, up two-thirds from last year (1.59M). Viewership is also up 40% in adults 18-49 (from 4.09M to 5.74M).

Notably, TNF averaged a higher rating in 18-34 than the latest edition of Monday Night Football on ESPN and ESPN2 (3.21 to 2.95), despite the Monday night game averaging nearly three million more viewers overall. It also came to within a ratings point of MNF in 18-49 (3.81 to 3.90).

Streaming skews toward the younger audience so it makes sense that 18-34 is up. TNF beating MNF in the demo shows the strength of streaming over having the content on MVPD only channels. ESPN ended up winning in overall viewership but Amazon was not far behind.

Considering the quality of the game the ratings were good. The Colts won 4-3 ... that is four field goals to three field goals. A game with no touch downs?

As the broadcast was going on, "Thursday Night Football" play-by-play voice Al Michaels sounded off several times on the quality — or lack thereof — of the game.
The game was in the third quarter before Al Michaels could say "first and goal". And that run ended up with a blocked field goal. Sad.

121 - 128 of 128 Posts