DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Mentor
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I was trying to watch AMC HD walking dead and it was very bad quality. So was the show after it "talking dead". Anyone else notice this? Other channels seemed fine. Seemed like it had a very low bit rate.

·
Legend
219 Posts
It was horrible!!! Worst I've seen yet. Even The Talking Dead looked subpar but not as bad as the Walking Dead! What is going on with this channel? One of the most popular shows on TV and it always looks bad. FAIL!!! :mad:

·
Registered
14,718 Posts
Watching a recording of Comic Book Men from last night...crappy compression. Usually, they actually do better during their shows & commercials look like crap...not last night.

·
Legend
219 Posts
I've actually seen this channel look worse on FIOS HD while visiting family in New England. Customers on FIOS have been complaining about it for a while.

If AMC is over compressing then why do some other AMC HD shows look better? The Killing, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, etc. all looked much better than the Walking Dead!! :confused:

·
Registered
14,718 Posts
John Strk said:
I've actually seen this channel look worse on FIOS HD while visiting family in New England. Customers on FIOS have been complaining about it for a while.

If AMC is over compressing then why do some other AMC HD shows look better? The Killing, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, etc. all looked much better than the Walking Dead!! :confused:
They'll actually fix it during shows then crap during commercials.

·
Mentor
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think part of the problem with Walking Dead is due to it being filmed in 16mm film. It is already noisy to begin with. I think this noise is harder to encode. Last night though it looked very bad, even the screen graphics like the logo were full of corruption.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.